/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Am I still Muslim

i need help
12-21-2021, 03:55 AM
2 years ago I started getting bad thoughts about islam and the prophets and Allah when I saw a image on social media which was some bad words towards Allah. I hated thinking about these thoughts and I remember having panic attacks. I wrote on here about 2 years ago and people said it was waswas. I was 14 at the time and I thought that if I don’t pay attention to the thoughts it would go away. I’ve done this for nearly 2 years now and I feel as if I’ve committed shirk somehow. I feel like I’ve neglected the religion by doing this. I haven’t prayed daily in a few years and I wish to do so soon. But I still cannot cry when trying to make a dua and it just doesn’t seem or feel sincere. I feel a huge emptiness in my heart when I think about Islam and I heard that Allah can turn peoples heart into stone and they wont be able to be a Muslim. I make duas about not swearing and always make stupid promises like if I swear again I’m a non Muslim to prevent me from swearing but I have swore again. Does this make me a non Muslim now? I Also want to find out have I committed shirk with what I’ve said in this post and previous posts, since I’ve been ignoring the thoughts and not paying attention to them I’ve always read bismillah before reading and surely this is a sign that I believed in Islam this whole time right? Please can someone respond

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
WesternMuslim
12-22-2021, 01:03 PM
Asalamu Alaikum brother.

Honest question here, please don't get offended:
In your heart, do you still believe in Allah, swt,?

i need help
12-24-2021, 01:42 PM
I’m constantly saying Allah is the only god and I know that there isn’t any alternative to Allah. Like in my head I know it, I’m always saying Allah is the only God and I haven’t ever said I don’t believe in God or any other creators. Surely this is the belief of God in my heart since I will never ever say that there is another God other than Allah.

WesternMuslim
12-24-2021, 02:10 PM
Then, you should sincerally ask The Creator for guidance and for help in your struggle.
Don't get overwhelmed by your feelings; Allah knows everything about them. You must continously ask for the help of the only One who can make our hearts peaceful - also, try to get back in touch with your Salah and with the Noble Quran;I can garantee that there's nothing like those two to lift your mood (and your Iman) up. Keep doing it until you find the peace that you need; take refuge with Allah, swt, and with Him only. Indeed He is always here for us and, He knows better than anyone what goes in our hearts.

Anyway,
Know that this life is a test that we must get through. And know that Allah, in all of His mercy, has given us everything we need to excell at it.

Hope this was of any use. You should really talk about this face-to-face with someone who's close to you in order to, Insha'allah, ease off the burden. Maybe the local imam or someone who has a great deal of knowledge on our Deen.

'Wishing that you recover from your condition and, by the mercy of Allah, get back under the fold of Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
12-24-2021, 05:24 PM
Well, brother, your problem is not that big as you believe so.

Allah taught us that first we're Muslims then believers. Muslim means the one which submits. By submitting it's meant doing all that Allah and Prophet saws ordered us to do: prayer, zakat, fasting Ramadan, etc... By the time you start believing.

Shirk - this is something different. It means that you also believe in someone else besides Allah, or worship someone else, or consider anyone or anything having any attribute as Allah does, such as Creator, omnipotent, and so much more... If you did that, still it's ok if you ask for forgiveness.

The ultimate solution for you is to get Islamic knowledge. At least start reading Quran translation, read Sirah, hadith day by day and you wont struggle with waswasas against Allah and our religion anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.