/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** Assume the best about Allaah عزوجل ***

Zaheer A Khan
12-23-2021, 04:46 AM
Bismillaah:

Assuming the best about Allaah عزوجل is one aspect of our belief in Allaah, since it is based upon our belief in His mercy, His power, His generosity, and His might. It is also a fundamental aspect of our reliance upon Allaah, which is essential to our monotheistic belief.

The Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم said:

Allaah عزوجل said:

"I am as My servant thinks of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me within himself, I mention him within Myself. If he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in a better assembly. If he comes near to Me a handspan, I come near to him the distance of a cubit. If he comes near to Me the distance of a cubit, I come near to him the distance of two outspread arms. If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running."

Takhreej:

{ Imam al Bukhari # 6856 and Muslim # 4832 fe Saheehain }

Shaykh Abdur Rahman al Hawwas commented:

Think about these words.
The first thing Allaah calls us towards is to have a positive outlook about Him under all circumstances, since He will be as His servant thinks of Him. Allaah will relate to the person the way the person expects Him to. When the servant assumes the best about his Lord and pins his hopes on his Lord's providence, his Lord will not disappoint him. Allaah will never let his good deeds go unrewarded. When the servant beseeches Allaah, he believes that his prayer will be answered. When he sincerely repents for a sin, he trusts that Allaah will forgive him. When he performs a virtuous deed, he assumes that Allaah will accept it from him and reward him for it. All of this is part of assuming the best about Allaah. Allaah rebukes a group of people who thought ill of Him. Allaah shows their bad expectations about Him to be one of the clearest signs of their hypocrisy. He says about the hypocrites who abandoned the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم and his Companions during the Battle of Uhud: "Another party was stirred to anxiety by their own feelings, moved by wrong suspicions of Allaah – suspicions due to ignorance."

{ Ali Imran: 154 }

[ Therefore, ] Our assuming the best about Allaah really means pinning our hopes end expectations on Allaah. We know that Allaah can be severe in punishment as well as most merciful, but we must hope for His mercy and be confident that if we sincerely repent for our sins and strive to do good, we will attain Allaah's mercy. We must never despair. We must never see our sins to be too great for Allaah's forgiveness. That despair itself is a great sin.

{ Majmu Al Fataawa Al Kubrah }

*** And Allaah عزوجل knows best ***

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.