/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Allah testing me or is He advising me to stop making dua?

LukeBlatt
12-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Assalam o'alaikum.

I'm a young Muslim man who was best friends with a Christian woman. We fell deeply in love with each other and expressed our desires to marry each other. However, I couldn't marry her because she's not chaste. I told her I couldn't marry her unless she became a Muslim but I didn't force her. We got into a fight afterwards and she said that she would've studied and converted to Islam if the fight didn't happen. We haven't spoken to each other since and that was a month ago.

I kept telling myself to lose hope but I had a gut feeling that I shouldn't. I started making dua after prayers and I started improving my relationship with Allah.

Since last week, I started praying Tahajjud daily and I made many dua for me to find a good job and for her to forgive me and let me guide her to Islam, but since I started praying Tahajjud, I've had more trouble finding jobs and she seems to be moving on with life without me. I can't tell if this is a test from Allah or a sign to stop making this dua. What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
12-26-2021, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LukeBlatt
Assalam o'alaikum.

I'm a young Muslim man who was best friends with a Christian woman. We fell deeply in love with each other and expressed our desires to marry each other. However, I couldn't marry her because she's not chaste. I told her I couldn't marry her unless she became a Muslim but I didn't force her. We got into a fight afterwards and she said that she would've studied and converted to Islam if the fight didn't happen. We haven't spoken to each other since and that was a month ago.

I kept telling myself to lose hope but I had a gut feeling that I shouldn't. I started making dua after prayers and I started improving my relationship with Allah.

Since last week, I started praying Tahajjud daily and I made many dua for me to find a good job and for her to forgive me and let me guide her to Islam, but since I started praying Tahajjud, I've had more trouble finding jobs and she seems to be moving on with life without me. I can't tell if this is a test from Allah or a sign to stop making this dua. What should I do?
When you take one step towards Allah, He takes ten steps towards you. When you walk towards Allah, He runs towards you and as a sign of His infinite mercy and compassion, whatever would lead you to become misguided is taken away from you. I think becoming distant from her might be the answer to your dua. Continue making dua and ask Allah to you guide you to the right path and to give you what is best in this life and the next.

Do not give up hope and keep doing what you're doing. If you do not get what you want, continue to have patience and reliance on Allah and He will, in time, make you content with your loss and replace her with someone far better.

iammuslim98
12-27-2021, 06:51 AM
Aoa, move on .best piece of advice.. we are taught to keep making dua until its answered but in doing so we miss out on great opportunities.. do not think that dua will change everything.she left..now nothing more u can do.

Flos
12-28-2021, 09:58 AM
Brother,

First thing - Allah is the one guiding to Islam, you can only make dawa and that's it.

For the dua - Don't ever expect things to happen overnight. If you're looking for a miracle right after making a dua, that's not gonna happen cause of our attitude. The secret of the dua being accepted is to make it, rely on Allah and move on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.