/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making a vow or promise in Islam

Dillaya
01-01-2022, 05:05 AM
Salam,
i have a question that i need guidance on. Last year, i make a vow or promise to Allah that i will wear hijab this year for giving me good helath and wealth. I just wanted to ask is this vow valid? Because someone told me if you make a vow on something that is obligatory than it is not valid. Also is it true, that we are not encouraged to do vow as it will seem insincere?
i did not know and i only found out about all this recently.

Thank you for your time in reading and answering my questions. may Allah reward you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-01-2022, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dillaya
Salam,
i have a question that i need guidance on. Last year, i make a vow or promise to Allah that i will wear hijab this year for giving me good helath and wealth. I just wanted to ask is this vow valid? Because someone told me if you make a vow on something that is obligatory than it is not valid. Also is it true, that we are not encouraged to do vow as it will seem insincere?
i did not know and i only found out about all this recently.

Thank you for your time in reading and answering my questions. may Allah reward you.
:wasalamex

Vows are permissible in Islam and if you make one, you must fulfil it. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said 'Whoever vows to do some act of worship and obedience to Allah, then let him do it, and whoever vows to do some sin, let him not do it.' (Reported by al-Bukhari, 6202).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.