/* */

PDA

View Full Version : action needed

Flos
01-06-2022, 05:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I don't really know how to explain this, but let me try. Every single time I make a huge step towards Allah, something big happens to take that away. It's always something different. It annoys me a lot.
For example, I wanted to spend Thursday evening with Allah alone and now a family member wants to come over and ruin that all. I know this sounds stupid, but it's not. Spending night with Allah tonight is necessary for me for so many reasons and if I tell this family member not to come, she'll get very mad at me, etc...

I need action, something to stop this. So many times this happened, or something the very next day after spending it in ibadah. This is so irritating. Feels like I can't get close to Allah, at all...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
01-11-2022, 02:37 AM
wa'alaykumussalaam ukhti

I'm going through something similar but Alhamdulillah only in Ramadan.
Somehow when Ramadan comes, something will happen that will ruin the plan I have, but other times this doesn't happen or if it does, I can easily reschedule or avoid it completely.
I have tried talking about it for years but can't seem to make them understand as I'm the only muslim in the family.
But Alhamdulillah since pandemic started, nothing like that has happened, the last two Ramadans have been as I hoped.

We can only plan but Allah is the best Planner and only His plan will come true.
So do your best to stick with your plan for ibadat and try to make people understand but don't let their reactions upset or overwhelm you.
If it's easier then there is nothing wrong sticking with obligatory ibadat only, and only do the rest when you have time.
Allah is All Knowing, He is testing each person including muslims. May Allah make it easy for us and all muslims.

Flos
01-11-2022, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
wa'alaykumussalaam ukhti

I'm going through something similar but Alhamdulillah only in Ramadan.
Somehow when Ramadan comes, something will happen that will ruin the plan I have, but other times this doesn't happen or if it does, I can easily reschedule or avoid it completely.
I have tried talking about it for years but can't seem to make them understand as I'm the only muslim in the family.
But Alhamdulillah since pandemic started, nothing like that has happened, the last two Ramadans have been as I hoped.

We can only plan but Allah is the best Planner and only His plan will come true.
So do your best to stick with your plan for ibadat and try to make people understand but don't let their reactions upset or overwhelm you.
If it's easier then there is nothing wrong sticking with obligatory ibadat only, and only do the rest when you have time.
Allah is All Knowing, He is testing each person including muslims. May Allah make it easy for us and all muslims.
Oh, I've also had problems with Ramadan and it's so frustrating. For example, last Ramadan I got sick. Once, long time ago, I had amazing Ramadan and I simply want that to happen again. I would spend fasting time with Quran, in masjid, also in masjid we would break fasting with a date and pray maghrib, then after maghrib having meal, than isha and tarawih, and then night prayer long, almost until sahur. Then we would go home for sahur... Last ten nights of Ramadan we would spend in night prayer until sahur and then pray fajr together. That was so miraculous month. And it never happened again. All of my friends moved to other countries and that was it.

I'm also the only Muslim in the family and all surroundings.

iammuslim98
01-12-2022, 06:12 AM
Aoa. I believe this is a test. Setan is always tryin to lure us away. Whenever u try to get close to Allah u think somethin bad happens.maybe it is waswasa..that this happened bcuz you were trying to do such and such thing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
01-13-2022, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. I believe this is a test. Setan is always tryin to lure us away. Whenever u try to get close to Allah u think somethin bad happens.maybe it is waswasa..that this happened bcuz you were trying to do such and such thing
I don't expect these things to happen at all but they do. For example. Now I have much time but got covid and feel really bad. I even made dua without raising hands cause I couldn't.

SeeksOnlyTruth
01-13-2022, 03:31 PM
It all comes down to who you love more. Do you want to spend time with Him or do you want to spend time with her? If she is a woman of the faith then she will understand. Be truthful to her. Let her know that you need to spend this time with Allah and to make a rain check. She will understand, but if she doesn’t still send her blessings and in that you will be blessed as well. And this goes for all things like this. May He bless and keep you.

format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

I don't really know how to explain this, but let me try. Every single time I make a huge step towards Allah, something big happens to take that away. It's always something different. It annoys me a lot.
For example, I wanted to spend Thursday evening with Allah alone and now a family member wants to come over and ruin that all. I know this sounds stupid, but it's not. Spending night with Allah tonight is necessary for me for so many reasons and if I tell this family member not to come, she'll get very mad at me, etc...

I need action, something to stop this. So many times this happened, or something the very next day after spending it in ibadah. This is so irritating. Feels like I can't get close to Allah, at all...

Flos
01-13-2022, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeeksOnlyTruth
It all comes down to who you love more. Do you want to spend time with Him or do you want to spend time with her? If she is a woman of the faith then she will understand. Be truthful to her. Let her know that you need to spend this time with Allah and to make a rain check. She will understand, but if she doesn’t still send her blessings and in that you will be blessed as well. And this goes for all things like this. May He bless and keep you.

If I didn't care, why would I post the thread at all? And please read better all the posts and realize that there are no muslims in my life. Also, this was just an example of what is going on.

iammuslim98
01-13-2022, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
I don't expect these things to happen at all but they do. For example. Now I have much time but got covid and feel really bad. I even made dua without raising hands cause I couldn't.

Aoa. May Allah grant you shifa and a speedy recovery. It is okay. this is a test nothing more. We all go through tests, some different from the others. As you rest during your illness keep making dua..and keep asking Allah for forgiveness.. that is the best dua.

Flos
01-21-2022, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa. May Allah grant you shifa and a speedy recovery. It is okay. this is a test nothing more. We all go through tests, some different from the others. As you rest during your illness keep making dua..and keep asking Allah for forgiveness.. that is the best dua.

You know, I wanted to use covid for dua, and in the end I did, but lying in bed and just saying words. I know it's a test... I figured that my test with me wanting to do something big and doesn't work could be Judgment Day asset, as in a proof to others or witnessing for others about wanting to spend time with Allah, and on the other hand so many Muslims have no obstacles to spend as much as possible time with Allah. Also, I believe He wanted to see if I'm going to give up and I didn't.

Eventually, Allah has given me the time during covid, when fever and pain got lifted and I'm so grateful for that and happy. I wish it'll always be this way.

Also, I figured that if we use every single free time moment for Allah, He'll open the time we want to spend with Him for us. And also, trying get up from bed during the night for salatul layl also helps a lot. At the same time, He'll give us barakah in time for other worldly stuff.

Good that I have learned something through this journey. Alhamdulillah, the idea that Allah doesn't want me was very short and I understood it was waswasa...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.