/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Smell

Hamza1990
01-12-2022, 09:33 AM
My Left wrist always smells of the holy haramain. Like holy oiled perfume. For no apparent reason. Meaning please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-21-2022, 04:04 PM
Lol!

Flos
01-21-2022, 07:36 PM
Do you recite Quran a lot and following it, like mostly of what you recite? I've heard many times that good deeds smell nicely and bad deeds stink... So... Masha Allah for that brother, May Allah increase you in that

Flos
01-21-2022, 07:39 PM
I just found this and am quoting it:

DEEDS HAVE SMELL
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him): “When a person thinks of doing a good deed but does not do it, one good deed is recorded for him …” If his thinking about it is something hidden and is between him and his Lord, how can the angels see it?
He replied:
Praise be to Allah. An answer to this question was narrated from Sufyan ibn ‘Uyaynah, who said: If he thinks of doing a good deed, the angel smells a good fragrance, and if he thinks of doing a bad deed, the angel smells a foul odour.
In fact, Allah is able to tell the angels what is in a person’s heart in whatever manner He wishes. End quote.
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa
~ ‘When a person tells a lie, the bad smell that comes out of the lie keeps the Angels one mile away’
Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhuma). He has declared the Hadith sound (hasan).
(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 1972)
~ Jabir ibn Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: We were with the Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), when we detected a foul odor being carried by the wind. The Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Do you know what this wind is? It is the smell of those who backbite the believers.”
Source: Musnad Aḥmad 14370
Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Arna’ut
~ Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) :
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Fasting is a shield...
...The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1894, In-book reference : Book 30, Hadith 4
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 31, Hadith 118
~ According to the hadith of Al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib (radiAllahu anhu), the Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: ...The Angel of Death barely receives the soul in his hands, whereupon the other angels take it from him and wrap it with fragrant winding sheets. This is what is meant by Allah's saying:
'Our messengers [i.e., angels] seize his soul, and they do not fall short of their duty."
Then the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "There exudes from the soul a scent like the most beautiful fragrance of musk that one could find on the face of the earth...
(The Hadith compilation was by Sheikh Al Albany. It was authenticated in his valuable book: Ahkam Al Jana'iz (page 59). Related to Abu Dawud, Al Hakim, At-Tayalisy, Ahmad and those connected to it.)
~ On the authority of Abu Musa al-Ash'ari (radiAllahu anhu), the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
"The likeness of a righteous friend and an evil friend, is the likeness of a (musk) perfume seller and a blacksmith. As for the perfume seller, he may either bestow something on you, or you may purchase something from him, or you may benefit from his sweet smell. And as for the blacksmith, he may either burn your clothes, or you may be exposed to his awful smell."
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
01-21-2022, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza1990
My Left wrist always smells of the holy haramain. Like holy oiled perfume. For no apparent reason. Meaning please
Didnt you ask the same question with different facts in another post ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.