/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Akhirah

Flos
01-25-2022, 02:37 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Am I the only one fearing death and Akhirah in general here?

When I was a little kid and for the first time found out we're going to die, it was so traumatic information to me, I cried a lot and had nightmares. Then, my atheist family and surrounding told me that when we die, it's like falling asleep. As growing Muslimah, once I read that death is the most painful thing ever. Now, just an idea of angel of death approaching me frightens me a lot, I start panicking...

Then, I'm scared of kabur azhab, as I read that even if we did little mistake once in life, we're going to suffer.

As for Judgment Day - terrifying, even if I'd be forgiven and receive Allah's Mercy, just an idea that even the worst disbelievers and sinners will beg for start of the Judgment. And then the length in general. Dunya life lasts for cca 60-100 Dunya years, but Judgment Day for 50.000 Akhirah years, and we all know that 1 Akhirah day is equal to 1000 Dunya years. And then reading my own book, even if I receive it in my right hand... the shame for reading all bad things, although forgiven (this all is the best case scenario for me).

Sometimes I wish I died as a kid...

How are you dealing with all of this? Is anyone frightened except me? Do you think of it at all? Sometimes, when I feel weird I'm scared that maybe I'm dying and angel of death will appear in front of me...

Is it painless for shahids? Is it painless when Allah takes believer's soul without the angels?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bergjensen33
01-25-2022, 04:59 PM
In fact I feel very much looking forward to the day of judgment, don't worry about the suffering, for it is temporary, nor about the long time, for it is finite, Jannah will be eternal and we will march together towards its gates, through which we will pass and forever be in the presence of our creator. Don't focus on the temporary details, sister, think of what is eternal.

Flos
01-25-2022, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bergjensen33
In fact I feel very much looking forward to the day of judgment, don't worry about the suffering, for it is temporary, nor about the long time, for it is finite, Jannah will be eternal and we will march together towards its gates, through which we will pass and forever be in the presence of our creator. Don't focus on the temporary details, sister, think of what is eternal.
How could I... I can't, almost, stand Dunya's hardships, which are nothing compared to anything that comes with death and after the death...

I wish I could skip all that somehow.

I know that Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Kind and somehow hoping that it's not going to be that difficult...

SoldierAmatUllah
01-26-2022, 03:17 PM
@Flos

My whole issue is fears of Allah,azaabul qabr,hellfire,angels etc since the past 18 years.I lost my sanity,respect(as I screamed in horrors) and it brought me alot of anguish,pain,paranormal nights and nightmarish days.

Not to forget losses in everything with 24/7 trials.

But a good amount of bountiful episodes that subtle the fears. Alhamdulillah,so don't worry,work on good deeds and focus on loving Allah-it eases the struggle and brings good of this world

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SoldierAmatUllah
01-26-2022, 11:05 PM
On the other hand,this fear you feel is healthy,preventing you from sins- just don't let it depress you.We keep balance between hope and fear.My case is filled with paranormal scary things and I believe this is not the case here and I hope that nothing more happens in our lives that makes us feel worried,sinful and fear the hellfire

Flos
01-27-2022, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SoldierAmatUllah
On the other hand,this fear you feel is healthy,preventing you from sins- just don't let it depress you.We keep balance between hope and fear.My case is filled with paranormal scary things and I believe this is not the case here and I hope that nothing more happens in our lives that makes us feel worried,sinful and fear the hellfire
It's weird... cause I don't feel the real fear of Allah, but more like shame for sinning or not being good enough. I'm more in Mercy side, He's my protector, my refuge, my only real and true friend... BUT, when I think deeply about death, dying pains, length of Judgment day I'm frightened.

I've read that there are people whose soul Allah took without death angels and I'm so much hoping I could be one of them, for it's like falling to sleep.

I need someone to tell me more about length of the Judgment day for Muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.