/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "perfect" Muslim overight

Flos
01-30-2022, 01:12 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Please, as I'm fighting with waswasas, which are forcing me to do too many things at the same time, otherwise "Allah will punish me instantly and give me heavy hardships" - that's what I hear.

I'm trying to tell myself that becoming a "perfect" believer overnight is not possible and that Allah forgives, especially if we repent and try our best to get closer and closer to Allah. But nooo... my brain goes panicking if I make even a small mistake and I get anxiety attacks.

I need all resources at the same place and due to panicking I can't concentrate and search all of the myself. I need to read about Allah's forgiveness, and that it's not possible to become perfect Muslim instantly or even not possible ever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Labayk
01-30-2022, 01:40 AM
Walaykum Assalaam

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By the One in whose hand is my soul, if you did not sin, Allah would replace you with people who would sin, and they would seek forgiveness from Allah and He would forgive them.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “All of the children of Adam are sinners, and the best sinners are those who repent.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī

"Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." (al-Furqan:70)

Every sin is a chance to repent and get closer to Allah. So take the opportunity and keep going forward bi'ithnillah.

Flos
01-30-2022, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk
Walaykum Assalaam

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By the One in whose hand is my soul, if you did not sin, Allah would replace you with people who would sin, and they would seek forgiveness from Allah and He would forgive them.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “All of the children of Adam are sinners, and the best sinners are those who repent.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī

"Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." (al-Furqan:70)

Every sin is a chance to repent and get closer to Allah. So take the opportunity and keep going forward bi'ithnillah.
Jazakallahu Khair brother. This was so quick.

And anything about becoming "perfect"?

Murid
01-30-2022, 12:39 PM
:salam:

:bism:

It is nothing to worry to much about inshaAllah!
https://aboutislam.net/spirituality/...evil-thoughts/

You need some good company, family, friends to help you in your goodness inshaAllah

You wrote before you only have some friends which do not have time for you as they are married etc.

Please increase nawafil and ask a lot of sunnah dua increasing knowledge and similar.

Some duas below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...OFI_mljNrB7awe

And

https://archive.org/details/MominKaH...YunusPalanpuri

Please increase salat duha, awwabin, tahajjud, nawafil fasting, dhikr, duas, sadaqa.

Recite daily 100x or better 1000x estagfirullahe lil mominina wal mominat,
Rabbi gfir warham wa anta khayru rahemeen
Allahumma innaka afuffun tuhibbul afwa faafu anni
Subhanallahi walhamdulillahi wa la ilahe illallahu wallahu akvar wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil adheem
Estagfirullah al Adheem alladhii la ilaha illa huwal hayyul qayyuumu wa atububu ilayh
Shukrulillah
Salawat ibrahimi
Hasbunallahu wa niamal wakiil niamal mawala wa niamannaseer
Hasbunallah rabbunallah
Asma ul husna like Ya Allahu Ya Hafeezu Ya Raqeebu Ya Mania
Recite daily 1000x surah ikhlas with :bism:

Please find everything in correct Arabic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
01-30-2022, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid

It is nothing to worry to much about inshaAllah!
https://aboutislam.net/spirituality/...evil-thoughts/

You need some good company, family, friends to help you in your goodness inshaAllah

You wrote before you only have some friends which do not have time for you as they are married etc.

Please increase nawafil and ask a lot of sunnah dua increasing knowledge and similar.

Some duas below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...OFI_mljNrB7awe

And

https://archive.org/details/MominKaH...YunusPalanpuri

Please increase salat duha, awwabin, tahajjud, nawafil fasting, dhikr, duas, sadaqa.

Recite daily 100x or better 1000x estagfirullahe lil mominina wal mominat,
Rabbi gfir warham wa anta khayru rahemeen
Allahumma innaka afuffun tuhibbul afwa faafu anni
Subhanallahi walhamdulillahi wa la ilahe illallahu wallahu akvar wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil adheem
Estagfirullah al Adheem alladhii la ilaha illa huwal hayyul qayyuumu wa atububu ilayh
Shukrulillah
Salawat ibrahimi
Hasbunallahu wa niamal wakiil niamal mawala wa niamannaseer
Hasbunallah rabbunallah
Asma ul husna like Ya Allahu Ya Hafeezu Ya Raqeebu Ya Mania
Recite daily 1000x surah ikhlas with :bism:

Please find everything in correct Arabic.

Brother, I already told you that I have ruqyah. If I'd also do what you're telling me, I wouldn't have time to sleep, eat, and do anything else. This anxheity started when I started reciting Bakara a lot, like 1x daily and in case I commit small sin, I start panicking, although repenting immediately.

Here in this thread I need references to:

- There is no perfect Muslim
- You can't become "prefect" overnight
- Allah wont destroy believer for one sin, especially if we repent
- Nothing bad is going to happen if you rely on Allah
- You can't pray 1000x salaat daily, follow all sunnah immediately, make hajj today, give sadaqah every minute, if you already gave sadaqa to one person, you don't have to feel guilty for not giving it again next day

So please brother, don't give me what to recite, give me what I asked for. Sometimes when we say these things out loud, write them or read, waswasas get much weaker, no matter what you recite or do...

It is obvious that sihir person is reacting to the ruqyah, now it's time to go through references.

Murid
01-30-2022, 01:10 PM

I think I answered it in the beginning lines of the post.
It is obvious you can not improve overnight.

I think that for you, the major obstacles are "great poverty, lack of time, harsh communist parents, not beeing married".
It is normal under such conditions, even if among best muslims not to feel good.
Some reference:
https://hadithanswers.com/poverty-and-kufr-disbelief/

I do not know a way put for you except a lot of dua and dhikr as in the post above, in the process of improvement in deen and dunya.

Maybe you need to move to another place and get a job or marry.

It takes you if really, really slow, an half hour to recite 100x.
Additional dhikr and duas are needed in addition to ruqya you read.
You must increase the nawafil.

Please tell me your recitation plan if you have any.
For now on, my advice is to recite as in abpve post and Manzil after every salat. That is enough insha Allah.
That is at most 3 hours daily, spread over 24 hours.
If it is to hard for you, then 100x.

Murid
01-30-2022, 01:19 PM
PS
You did not share your edu background, but you do not look that uneducated or non assertive masha Allah. Maybe you can try to find some other way out insha Allah.

Flos
01-30-2022, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid

I think I answered it in the beginning lines of the post.
It is obvious you can not improve overnight.

I think that for you, the major obstacles are "great poverty, lack of time, harsh communist parents, not beeing married".
It is normal under such conditions, even if among best muslims not to feel good.
Some reference:
https://hadithanswers.com/poverty-and-kufr-disbelief/

I do not know a way put for you except a lot of dua and dhikr as in the post above, in the process of improvement in deen and dunya.

Maybe you need to move to another place and get a job or marry.

It takes you if really, really slow, an half hour to recite 100x.
Additional dhikr and duas are needed in addition to ruqya you read.
You must increase the nawafil.

Please tell me your recitation plan if you have any.
For now on, my advice is to recite as in abpve post and Manzil after every salat. That is enough insha Allah.
That is at most 3 hours daily, spread over 24 hours.
If it is to hard for you, then 100x.

Thanks brother. I'm not poor, I'm working online and earning salary. I just can't afford to buy so many stuff you told me to, probably because those are much cheaper where you live than here.

I have a raqi and everything is going good. There are days or weeks when everything is so perfect and smooth. But as soon as I get better, I minimize my ruqyah thinking sihir is over, of course I understood now that it was a shaytan's trick. Now I'm back to it. And I felt stuff with waswasas starting when I started regularly with Bakarah and much improving my deen, like daily bringing something new, like extra ibadah, extra good deeds... Obviously that's what makes shaytan panicking and then attacking me with these ideas.

I don't want to go too transparent about me, my life etc here in forum, for forum is for anonymous people.

As for Muslims around me, it's also getting better. I discovered some people might turned to Allah and I'm trying to get more and more in contact with other Muslims for I must do my best not to be alone and surround myself with believers. As I didn't manage to get information from our Islamic centers whether I can come to mosque without praying matt, and no one knew this, Allah arranged it for me, I went to the mosque finally after 2019. So this all is improving alhamdulillah.

I don't have to move anywhere, I believe these things will be sorted out inshaAllah, I just need to keep doing my best.

I don't know where you are and how's winter time over there, but here where I am (Europe), daily prayer times switch quickly. If I'd recite all that after every salaat, my working time would be over and we, Muslims, have to balance Dunya and AKhirah. So I have weekends for that and After Isha and Fajr.

Besides my ruqyah, I do make duas from Quran and Sunnah, I recite Quran regularly and memorizing it, and whenever possible doing many other stuff, including preparing for next Ramadan.

And again, it's not about what I do, it's about shaytan's reaction and me needing to read and repeat out loud the truth for Allah is very Generous, Merciful, Caring and shaytan tries to scare us. In my mind I'm aware that we can't perform Hajj today, nor give 50 sadaqas a day, nor spend hours repenting for making a mistake with telling about something which could have small amount of false information... I believe if I'd do all that things at the same time, I'd break and lose my imaan. That's probably shaytan's plan.

That's why I'm asking everyone to quote sunnah, Quran etc here, where I can come and re-read it again at the same place. Now I'm ok. Brother Labayk wrote some important things and Allah helped me find many other stuff online.

And I'm highly educated, I have Master degree in law

Murid
01-30-2022, 02:01 PM
Nice that you seem to be in a lot, lot better condition than before.

5x Manzil is about 30 mins.

Reacting to ruqya must not mean that you have sihr.

Maybe it is as you think your shaytan reacting.

Do not be affraid. Ask Eudhubillahi minesshaytannirrajeem 10x mornings and evenings out load. Recite 6:1-3 and thr duas from teo dua books I gave to you above.

It is enough insha Allah. Half an hour duas daily and half an hour Manzil. Enough.

You seem to have masha Allah, alhamdulillah probably some qualified helpers.
Please for now on focus on additional adhkaar i recommend, at least 100x. There are elements of "sadaqah" in it. Ask good duas for other too.
After you seem to get healed and get the basics good, then focus on others, because of precious time and abilities.

As you have basic money needs set, get top quality natural honey, black seed, pomegranate and different fruits and veggies to consume daily. Drink milk daily.
Find a female fitness class to go.

Buy your harsh communist parents food and gifts to spoil them into good. Be kind and merciful towards them.

Maybe you to much focus onto ruqya and neglect other therapies too.

Please search for benefits of estegfar and gratitude in islam.

After that reasearch dhikr and benefits of salawat and surah ikhlas.

Ask a lot of duas like (please find in Arabic).
Rabbi zidni ilman warzuqni fahman
Allahumma inni asalukal huda wessedaad
Allahumma alhimni rushdi wa aizni min sharri nafsee.

Spend quality time with new friends. Spread knowledge. Give Hisn al muslims as gifts.
Orgsnise local sufara and namaz courses with the raqi, you have thr needed skills masha Allah as MA of law. Study further.

Flos
01-30-2022, 02:21 PM
Brother, you're not paying attention to what I write. And once again: I didn't ask for instructions on what to do, I explicitly asked for references and quotes. You gave me link to evil thoughts and I don't have those. And I asked for writing stuff here, not for the links. Pay attention please.

Please, stop giving me instructions on how should I live, what should I buy and how should I spend my time, and this with fitness is too much now... I'm sorry, but, I have to put some boundaries here.

Labayk
01-30-2022, 06:07 PM
This was so quick.
Qadr of Allah

And anything about becoming "perfect"?
Perfection is with Allah alone. Even the angels ask forgiveness for their shortcomings.

I think I am going through something similar to you. Constant anxiety for "not doing enough" Extreme dissatisfaction with one's performance as an 'abd. Unreasonable expectations as to what is achievable as a human being. Confusion as to determining the fine line between can and cannot.

In addition to that, I have a couple of extra additional issues which I thank Allah you don't have while thanking Allah that I do have: I have severe ADHD and I am autistic and I didn't know that until a year ago! Lol.

I also have a family and I'm going to school full-time.

Seriously, though, al-Hamdullilah.

Organization of time is nearly impossible for me right now. I have come a long way this past year al-Hamdullilah. Allah is my Helper. Anyway I came to realize lately that I perhaps was putting some things which aren't even technically wajibat alongside things that are wajib. That's been a major stressor.

Ibn al-Qayyim talked about the seven snares(or phases) of shaitan in tempting the slave of Allah. I just read it again a few days ago (again Qadr of Allah) and it might benefit you inshaAllah.

https://abdurrahman.org/2011/08/29/s...ibn-al-qayyim/

It looks like you're somewhere near the 6th level. If one could just get past this last phase, they would then be in pretty good standing with Allah, although they would then need to remain patient.

Ibn al-Qayyim also mentioned how shaitan can try to pull to one of the two extremes: negligence or exaggeration:

“...if he (shaitan) finds that a person is cautious and serious, and that he is enthusiastic and capable, he despairs of succeeding with him on that front (being negligent). So he urges him to strive to excess, and makes him think that this is not sufficient and that he has higher ambitions than that, and that he has to do more than others do.

So he tells them do not go to sleep when they go to sleep; do not break your fast when they break their fast and do not tire when they tire. If one of them washes his hands and face three times, Shaytan tells him that he should wash seven times. If he performs Wudhu for every prayer the Shaytan tells him that he should perform ghusl for it, and other kinds of exaggeration and excess. He makes him go to extremes and go beyond the straight path, just like he makes the first person fall short and not come anywhere near it. Shaytan’s aim in both cases is to steer both of them away from the straight path, one by not letting him approach it or come anywhere near it, and the other by making him go too far and overstep the mark.

In this way, most people have been tempted and nothing can save a person from that except deeply rooted knowledge, faith and power to resist him (Shaytan) and adherence
to the middle course. And Allah is the One Whose Help we seek.”

SoldierAmatUllah
01-31-2022, 09:10 AM
Walaikum As Salaam Wr Wb

All these troubles are little as compared to what I been through.

Anyways,I'm very grateful to Allah Ta'ala,for His Generosity in giving me hope although I'm in a bad situation because of fears& 24/7 oppression that I go through.

I won't talk anymore because talking for blessings removes them from my life.

Flos
01-31-2022, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labayk
Qadr of Allah

Perfection is with Allah alone. Even the angels ask forgiveness for their shortcomings.

I think I am going through something similar to you. Constant anxiety for "not doing enough" Extreme dissatisfaction with one's performance as an 'abd. Unreasonable expectations as to what is achievable as a human being. Confusion as to determining the fine line between can and cannot.

In addition to that, I have a couple of extra additional issues which I thank Allah you don't have while thanking Allah that I do have: I have severe ADHD and I am autistic and I didn't know that until a year ago! Lol.

I also have a family and I'm going to school full-time.

Seriously, though, al-Hamdullilah.

Organization of time is nearly impossible for me right now. I have come a long way this past year al-Hamdullilah. Allah is my Helper. Anyway I came to realize lately that I perhaps was putting some things which aren't even technically wajibat alongside things that are wajib. That's been a major stressor.

Ibn al-Qayyim talked about the seven snares(or phases) of shaitan in tempting the slave of Allah. I just read it again a few days ago (again Qadr of Allah) and it might benefit you inshaAllah.

https://abdurrahman.org/2011/08/29/s...ibn-al-qayyim/

It looks like you're somewhere near the 6th level. If one could just get past this last phase, they would then be in pretty good standing with Allah, although they would then need to remain patient.

Ibn al-Qayyim also mentioned how shaitan can try to pull to one of the two extremes: negligence or exaggeration:

Assalamu alaikum brother,

Wow, I actually started taking ghusul, not for every salaat though, but almost for every day, LOL.
It's crazy. I know it's waswasa and I tell myself - "you should take one step at the time" but then again an idea comes to my mind about something else.

Wait a minute, you found out you're autist a year ago? Is that a type of autism with high functionality? Forgot its name... And I got also diagnosed with ADHD a little bit.

You know, maybe it could be good if we write a "progress" journal. For example: Today I memorized this and that from Quran... And then we track progress and when an idea of not doing enough comes to our mind, we read it all from the beginning just to see how much we accomplished in a month. Also, write when you're sick or something. I was super mad at me for not doing many things while I had fever from COVID for 2,5 days... But then I kept reminding myself how I couldn't blink almost...

eesa the kiwi
02-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2499
Grade: Qawwi (strong) according to Ibn Hajar
عَنْ أَنَسٍ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ كُلُّ ابْنِ آدَمَ خَطَّاءٌ وَخَيْرُ الْخَطَّائِينَ التَّوَّابُونَ
2499 سنن الترمذي كتاب صفة القيامة والرقائق والورع باب منه
439 المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث

Murid
02-01-2022, 12:00 PM

To the general members here, related to the topic:

The book by Habeeb Quadri "The War Within Our Hearts" seems to be a good one read.

Labayk
02-19-2022, 09:53 AM
Wait a minute, you found out you're autist a year ago? Is that a type of autism with high functionality? Forgot its name... And I got also diagnosed with ADHD a little bit.
SubhanAllah, My little dude got diagnosed with Autism when he was two. Upon reading into autism we came across ADHD. My wife read about the symptoms and was like, "this is you". And after reading all the symptoms I basically checked all the boxes. I got diagnosed and started taking meds. I started on stimulants but didn't like them due to the side effects and some bad experiences even though they were effective. Got on some other good meds though (even though not quite as effective) and the medication dosage and timetable has stabilized since end of last year. The meds have helped a lot even though I still have a ways to go. After speaking with a therapist about my ADHD issues, it was found out that I probably have autism as well. After looking into it, once again I check all of the boxes (Although I don't line things up). That was about a couple of months ago. I'm now in the process of getting a formal diagnosis.

Is that a type of autism with high functionality?
Well, I got some kind of functionality going. How high it is I'll leave to Allah to Judge :) .

You know, maybe it could be good if we write a "progress" journal. For example: Today I memorized this and that from Quran... And then we track progress and when an idea of not doing enough comes to our mind, we read it all from the beginning just to see how much we accomplished in a month. Also, write when you're sick or something. I was super mad at me for not doing many things while I had fever from COVID for 2,5 days... But then I kept reminding myself how I couldn't blink almost...
That's not a bad idea ya know. The thing with me is though: I'm all over the place. I can't focus to save my life. Because of this, it takes me hours to finish a task that should normally take 30 minutes. My ADHD is pretty severe. I can plan my day out well enough, but sticking to it is damn near impossible. I have serious stamina issues. If I try really hard and muster up all the self-encouragement I can, I will be able to stay on task for about a week, but then I crash and getting back up is very hard. Before meds, I could only go for 2-3 days. Again, this is after mustering up a lot of motivation. I'm in the process of seeing a therapist soon so I hope with Allah's Permission I can stabilize things a bit more.

But again, like I said, that's not a bad idea. My wife has told me multiple times that I've done such and such, and I'm like, "Oh, yeah".

May Allah Accept our Deeds and Forgive and Pardon our inevitable shortcomings. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
03-22-2022, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

Please, as I'm fighting with waswasas, which are forcing me to do too many things at the same time, otherwise "Allah will punish me instantly and give me heavy hardships" - that's what I hear.

I'm trying to tell myself that becoming a "perfect" believer overnight is not possible and that Allah forgives, especially if we repent and try our best to get closer and closer to Allah. But nooo... my brain goes panicking if I make even a small mistake and I get anxiety attacks.

I need all resources at the same place and due to panicking I can't concentrate and search all of the myself. I need to read about Allah's forgiveness, and that it's not possible to become perfect Muslim instantly or even not possible ever.
Assalamu Alaikum.

These types of irrational thoughts stem from Waswas/OCD and perfectionism is also linked to that. There is an entire thread dedicated towards tackling these types of thoughts:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

This is also a very useful article:

Islam is not about being perfect:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/mostly...ct-perfection/

Please read through the above thread and article and if you need anything else then do not hesitate to ask:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.