/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** Words of wisdom ***

Zaheer A Khan
02-01-2022, 05:05 AM
Bismillaah:

Imam al Awza‘i رحمه الله said:

" Stick to the footsteps of the Salaf even if the people reject you, and beware of the opinions of men, even if they decorate them with [ nice and sweet ] words; for certainly the matter will become manifest while you will be upon the straight path."

{ Imam Adh Dahaabi in his Siyaar A'lamun Nubalah 7/120 }

***And Allaah عزوجل knows best ***

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
02-01-2022, 09:21 AM
Thanks for sharing brother, but it needs a little elaboration:
  • Are we dealing with a hadeeth here or what is it? and if it is a hadeeth, is it saheeh?
  • Who is exactly meant by "the Salaf"? is it just people that came before?
    • if so, what if the people that I am following the footsteps off were not exactly on the straight path? or am I just misinterpreting the quote right now?
    • in the same sentence, it speaks about the opinion of men...which men? again the salaf? So I follow their footsteps but i must be carefull with their opinions...is that correct?

I find this a little bit confusing.

Zaheer A Khan
02-02-2022, 03:44 AM
Firstly, this is a saying of an Imam and not a hadeeth of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم. However, it's meaning is true and derived from many Ahadeeth of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم. Secondly, whenever the Scholars used the word Salaf or follow the way of the Salaf, primarily they are referring to the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم and his companions رضي الله عنهم then those that followed their path. Those are the guided people that Allaah عزوجل commanded us to love and emulate.
Thirdly, the opinions of men here refers to every newly invented beliefs, speech and actions of late comers that contradicts and opposed the teachings of the infallible Messenger صلي الله عليه وسلم and his companions even if they sounded beautiful.
And Allaah عزوجل knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.