/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did I break my oath?

SeekingParadise
02-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Salam Alaikum,

I'll make it short. I recently made a vow to Allah that I go to a certain place every morning for two weeks. I was upholding my oath everyday but this morning the weather was extremely stormy. Therefore I stayed at home because I was fearful of driving. I also didn't want my mother to worry.
So did I break my oath and do I have to compensate for that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flos
02-17-2022, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekingParadise
Salam Alaikum,

I'll make it short. I recently made a vow to Allah that I go to a certain place every morning for two weeks. I was upholding my oath everyday but this morning the weather was extremely stormy. Therefore I stayed at home because I was fearful of driving. I also didn't want my mother to worry.
So did I break my oath and do I have to compensate for that?

I have a question. Did you say insha Allah while making vow? If you haven't then you're receiving a lesson from Allah.

And never say about anything: ‘I shall certainly do
this tomorrow’ (al-Kahf 18: 23)
unless Allah should will it. And should you forget
(and make such a statement), remember your Lord
and say: ‘I expect my Lord to guide me to what is
nearer to rectitude than this.’ (al-Kahf 18:24)

Hopefully, you know how surah Kahf was reviled and that jews kept asking our Prophet saws some questions and he would confidentially keep saying: I'll have the answer by tomorrow for sure. But the revelation was delayed for 2 weeks and you can only assume what our Prophet saws went through, only because of lacking 2 words "InshaAllah."

However, since Allah is very Mercifully and of course He knows you had terrible weather which prevented you to walk and depending on the wordings, you should just walk another day.

SeekingParadise
02-17-2022, 02:37 PM
Thank you for your reply...Thinking back on it I really did forget to say Inshallah and I'm happy that he guided me. :statisfie
I will remember it next time Inshallah! And he used you personally to tell me, because I was googling for an answer until I gave up and just posted the question here. So you can be happy too haha!
Thank you and have a nice day!

Flos
02-17-2022, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekingParadise
Thank you for your reply...Thinking back on it I really did forget to say Inshallah and I'm happy that he guided me. :statisfie
I will remember it next time Inshallah! And he used you personally to tell me, because I was googling for an answer until I gave up and just posted the question here. So you can be happy too haha!
Thank you and have a nice day!
Alhamdulillah <3

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.