/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to control anger

iammuslim98
02-18-2022, 11:50 AM
Aoa i have the worst anger issues. Id fight people over petty issues i do t compromise and i dont know why my anger is just worsening..please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-18-2022, 02:54 PM
Peace be with you iammuslim98;

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you. The person who gets burnt the most is you. The longer you hold onto this burning coal of anger, the hotter it becomes; it eats away inside you; it churns the stomach and gives you headaches.

Possibly some horrible things happened years ago that were unjust and unfair, and they have never been put right. If this is you, then the anger you show today is misdirected and it does not hit the people concerned.

The person who angers you controls you. They make you think things and do things you don't want to do. It is like they have a remote control and they just keep pushing your buttons.

If you can forgive any past injustice and pray for those people with kindness, it will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from you, and you no longer have to carry the burden of anger.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

Flos
02-18-2022, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iammuslim98
Aoa i have the worst anger issues. Id fight people over petty issues i do t compromise and i dont know why my anger is just worsening..please help

Dear sister, you're definitely showing signs of a jinn possession. That's not your anger.

iammuslim98
02-19-2022, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you. The person who gets burnt the most is you. The longer you hold onto this burning coal of anger, the hotter it becomes; it eats away inside you; it churns the stomach and gives you headaches.

Possibly some horrible things happened years ago that were unjust and unfair, and they have never been put right. If this is you, then the anger you show today is misdirected and it does not hit the people concerned.

The person who angers you controls you. They make you think things and do things you don't want to do. It is like they have a remote control and they just keep pushing your buttons.

If you can forgive any past injustice and pray for those people with kindness, it will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from you, and you no longer have to carry the burden of anger.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

Aoa. Yes, i had a traumatic childhood, filled with uncalled for beatings, se*ual assaults and mental torture..i tried getting therapy but i cant afford it anymore. So looking for answers on the internet. I try so hard to let go of the past but it just kills me on the inside knowing how my own family destroyed my life and now i have to pay for their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Dear sister, you're definitely showing signs of a jinn possession. That's not your anger.
Aoa. It is anger i am sure. Jin possession i dont think is real

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
02-19-2022, 02:12 PM

i had a traumatic childhood, filled with uncalled for beatings, se*ual assaults and mental torture.
I feel saddened and sick when I hear what families do to their children. For reasons known to yourself, you will probably never be able to get true justice for what happened to you. This makes you a victim in several ways. You have been a victim of assaults, you are a victim because you may never get justice, and you are still a victim because these people still control your thoughts today. They make you think things and do things you don't want to do, they prevent you from being the kind and caring person you want to be.

You will never forget what happened to you, but you have the power to change how it affects your life now. They have no right to keep punishing you with angry thoughts, you have the right and the power to stop feeling a victim. You must not let them control how you feel for the rest of your life.

When you accept that you are powerless to change the past, search for a way to forgive your family. They don't have to say sorry for you to heal. Forgiveness is more for your benefit; not so much for them. Pray to Allah to help you forgive and let go. Even if you can't feel forgiveness now, keep saying to your self, I forgive you for what you have done to me and I don't hold anything against you anymore.

If you say this to yourself often enough and over time, it will help you to forgive. When you feel you can truly forgive them, it will feel like a huge burden has been lifted from you and you CAN find peace.

The following story is powerful and it might help you.

https://www.theforgivenessproject.co...ary/satta-joe/

May Allah bless you on your journey and help you find peace.
Eric

iammuslim98
02-19-2022, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

I feel saddened and sick when I hear what families do to their children. For reasons known to yourself, you will probably never be able to get true justice for what happened to you. This makes you a victim in several ways. You have been a victim of assaults, you are a victim because you may never get justice, and you are still a victim because these people still control your thoughts today. They make you think things and do things you don't want to do, they prevent you from being the kind and caring person you want to be.

You will never forget what happened to you, but you have the power to change how it affects your life now. They have no right to keep punishing you with angry thoughts, you have the right and the power to stop feeling a victim. You must not let them control how you feel for the rest of your life.

When you accept that you are powerless to change the past, search for a way to forgive your family. They don't have to say sorry for you to heal. Forgiveness is more for your benefit; not so much for them. Pray to Allah to help you forgive and let go. Even if you can't feel forgiveness now, keep saying to your self, I forgive you for what you have done to me and I don't hold anything against you anymore.

If you say this to yourself often enough and over time, it will help you to forgive. When you feel you can truly forgive them, it will feel like a huge burden has been lifted from you and you CAN find peace.

The following story is powerful and it might help you.

https://www.theforgivenessproject.co...ary/satta-joe/

May Allah bless you on your journey and help you find peace.
Eric

Aoa..i try really hard .my anger ruined me, i lost great things bcuz i was concerned about my family's reactions and what not.. thankyou for your prayers..please if you remember to make dua for me in salah as well. I am at my lowest.

Eric H
02-21-2022, 11:15 AM

.i try really hard .my anger ruined me,
Sometimes with anger; we pass it on and make others angry. Somehow you can find the way to forgive and be the kind and caring person you want to be. Did you look at the following link on trying to forgive?

Satta Joe - The Forgiveness Project
Satta Joe was a victim of the Sierra Leone Civil War (1991-2002)....

May Allah bless you on your journey through life.
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.