/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to answer some questions for me.

WorldViewStuden
02-21-2022, 02:25 PM
Hello, I am currently enrolled in a word view class where I have been tasked with an assignment to ask questions of someone with a different world view that I currently have. I am looking to see if anyone would be willing to answer some questions for me about what you believe and why. There are no mosques near me so I am reaching out to this group as it appears to be a fairly active group. Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flos
02-21-2022, 02:37 PM
Go ahead. Post your questions here.

WorldViewStuden
02-25-2022, 02:00 AM
I am looking for someone to have an email exchange with, with regard to the questions below. I also need to include a brief background as to who the person is that I am asking the questions to. If you would like I can provide you an email that you can use to send your response to me via Email. The background would consist of your name, could be just your first name, age, a little background of how you grew up and then the answers to the main questions that I have listed below:

What is prime reality- the really real?

What is the nature of external reality, that is, the world around us?

What is a human being?

What happens to a person when they die?

Why is it possible to know anything at all?

How do we know what is right and wrong?

What is the meaning of human history?

What personal, life-orienting core commitments are consistent with your world view?

Thank you in advance!

Ümit
02-25-2022, 07:11 AM
Pfff...I am sorry but I think your questions are too general. Each question can be answered in dozen ways...So I am afraid you will not be satisfied with the given answers.
Please elaborate what you are really looking for.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flos
02-25-2022, 09:18 AM
Agree with Umit.

Especially those about reality. What do you mean by that?

Ümit
02-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Lets give it a shot and see how far we come
format_quote Originally Posted by WorldViewStuden

What is prime reality- the really real?
We are alive here and now, and one day, all this will come to an end
What is the nature of external reality, that is, the world around us?
Somehow, we came to this unfair world. we try to use our beloved tool (which is science) to discover how (the origin of life), our purpose of life, and what happens to us when we are dead.
unfortunately, science does not provide us with much satisfying answers.

What is a human being?
A creature made out of dirt (which is logical, because when we die, our bodies eventually go back to that original state which is dirt and dust.
A creature with freedom of choice unlike other creatures
A creature who can be the best of all creations or the worst of all creations
What happens to a person when they die?
They face a trial which determines their path from that moment...eternal heaven or hell
Why is it possible to know anything at all?
I do not understand...
Because we have the capacity to learn and develop.
Because God gave us small hints and insights
How do we know what is right and wrong?
the basics is already build in our nature. We can feel what is right and what is wrong.
on a higher level, we have our religion that shows us what is right and what is wrong.
What is the meaning of human history?
I am not exactly sure what you want to hear, but I would say, to learn from it.
to use it as an example that what happens in certain circumstances and whether it is good or bad
it is something to learn from and not to repeat certain mistakes or to repeat good things, etc,
What personal, life-orienting core commitments are consistent with your world view?
Religion and science can not and may not contradict each other.
They must go hand in hand.

It is just basical logic:

If:
God created everything, including the laws of nature and so on
And if:
Science is derived from our own observations of everything that has been created
Then:
Science and religion cannot contradict each other.
Thank you in advance!

WorldViewStuden
02-25-2022, 02:08 PM
I am just looking for what you think and what you believe. I am not looking for anything other than that. The questions are intentionally broad so that I can get an understanding of your world view.

WorldViewStuden
02-25-2022, 03:38 PM
Umit,

would you mind exchanging email with me? To talk more about your responses. I tried sending a message to you through here, however apparently I can not do that at this time unfortunately because I haven't posted enough and you re not an admin.

SintoDinto
02-26-2022, 01:34 AM
I smell a Christian missionary.

WorldViewStuden
02-26-2022, 01:56 PM
SintoDinto,

I am not a Christian Missionary. I am not trying to convert anyone to anything. I am just doing some research for a project in my college class. I am just trying to complete my project so I can pass my class LOL. I am just looking for asnwers as to what people think about the questions. that my professor has assigned.

Flos
02-27-2022, 07:00 AM
Can you please be more specific with your questions. Those are unclear and I'm afraid of too narrow viewpoint as a result in your essay, or whatever it is.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.