/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *** Charity before privately consulting Allaah عزوجل ***

Zaheer A Khan
02-22-2022, 10:43 PM
Bismillaah:

Imam Ibn al Qayyim رحمه الله said:

❝I witnessed Shaykh ul Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله when he would go out to the Jumu'ah prayer he would take whatever he could find at home of bread etc and he would give that in charity secretly on his way to the prayer.

I heard him say:

" If Allaah has ordered us to give charity before privately consulting the Messenger of Allaah صلي الله عليه وسلم [ when he was alive ], then privately consulting Allaah عزوجل is better and foremost in excellence."

{ Zaad ul Ma'aad 1/395 }

Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله was alluding to this noble ayah....

" O you who believe! When you (want to) consult the Messenger in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be better and purer for you. But if you find not (the means for it), then verily, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

{ Al Mujadilah :12 }

Muqatil bin Hayyan رحمه الله commented:

"People kept questioning Allaah's Messenger صلي الله عليه وسلم until they made things difficult for him. Allaah provided a way to stop their behavior by this Ayah. One of them would need to speak to Allaah's Prophet about a real matter, but could not do so until he gave in charity. This became hard on people and Allaah sent down relief from this requirement afterwards.

Ali رضي الله عنه said:

" No one except me implemented this Ayah, until it was abrogated.''

Takhreej:

{ Imam Abdur Razzaq in his Musannaf with a hasan chain }

**** And Allaah عزوجل knows best ****

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.