/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Contract in Islam. What should I do?

truthseeker7
02-28-2022, 05:00 AM
As'salam brothers and sisters,

I am commodities traders. As you know, commodities prices are moving every day, ups and down. 1-2 months back, I have contract with my buyers. I am selling them commodities products. I did not buy the goods yet as I am expecting market to drop but unexpectedly, with Russia-Ukraine war, price has gone up so much.

I need to deliver the goods in March and April but I do not have it now. If I buy at current price, I will be in lost, the cash flow will be negative. I will end up in heavy debt.

I am seeking for your advices on what should I do as a muslim? I do not want to take any haram money to feed my family. Please give me advise in islamic way, how should I deal with situation.

Thank you in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flos
03-01-2022, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker7

I am commodities traders. As you know, commodities prices are moving every day, ups and down. 1-2 months back, I have contract with my buyers. I am selling them commodities products. I did not buy the goods yet as I am expecting market to drop but unexpectedly, with Russia-Ukraine war, price has gone up so much.

I need to deliver the goods in March and April but I do not have it now. If I buy at current price, I will be in lost, the cash flow will be negative. I will end up in heavy debt.

I am seeking for your advices on what should I do as a muslim? I do not want to take any haram money to feed my family. Please give me advise in islamic way, how should I deal with situation.

Thank you in advance.

Alaikumu salam brother,

I think you should ask a scholar about this.

In the meantime, make loads of dua to Allah, especially those against debt and for halal provisions like this one:

Supernova
03-02-2022, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker7

Thank you in advance.
Asalaamualaykum, As usual with Islamic Economics, the "devil is in the detail" so to speak.

You would have to speak to a scholar and give all the details, and trust me it would be a back and forth issue - so its best you do this in a verbal sitting.

Scholars always have counter questions in issues like these before a ruling is given.

Best you speak to a scholar.

truthseeker7
03-03-2022, 08:48 AM
Thank you brother and sister for the reply.

i am contacting a few famous scholars in our country, none of them reply me yet. But If I go to masjid, the imam does not know about the case. They cant answer as they dont understand much on the business side.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.