/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with these people?

Flos
03-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I know several practicing Muslims and all of them are gay and in gay relationships. Once I just had a comment and I was called as homophobic and backward. They are proud of being in such relationships...

If you know anyone like those and you managed to do dawah with success, what did you do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
03-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Being in haram relationships as well as being homosexual while labeling oneself as Muslim is confusing to say the least. Try to get their understanding of what Islam is and how they think what they are doing is within the folds of Islam. Also try to strengthen your knowledge of the deen so that way no one can try and misquote any texts in an attempt to support their views, however that may be.

Don't worry about the name calling. Your job is to simply relay the information to them. The rest is on them. Just make sure to do it in a non aggressive way of course.

Supernova
03-10-2022, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

I know several practicing Muslims and all of them are gay and in gay relationships. Once I just had a comment and I was called as homophobic and backward. They are proud of being in such relationships...

If you know anyone like those and you managed to do dawah with success, what did you do?
Asalaamualaykum:

As you grow older and wiser in the Deen, you'd realise that all your job is to convey a message. Hidayah is in Allah SWT control. In-fact, this is the very message that Jibraeel AS gave to the most blessed and honourable creation Rasool SAW.

General Advice (Unrelated and toned in a non-accusative manner)

This misunderstanding of " I can give dawah and change people" if taken too far actually becomes toxic and destructive to both parties (The one giving and the receiver) and very often even more destructive to the one giving.

Alfarrassani
03-10-2022, 01:34 PM
In my opinion it's usually it's either they had bad experiences with the opposite gender, or they just haven't truly realized the wonders of the opposite gender (You sisters literally have what we lack as much as we brothers have what you sisters lack), so as an add on to the good advice our sibling has replied with, pray to Allah for their enlightenment, sister! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alfarrassani
03-10-2022, 01:38 PM
Correction to previous reply, Siblings instead of the sole sibling, sorry, was to busy typing to see your reply brother

Flos
03-10-2022, 02:51 PM
I'm actually very negatively surprised with this phenomena in our Ummah.

Btw, they all claim to be born this way. One of them is pride organizer. At the same time, I know they pray salat, including Fajr, fasting Ramadan, reciting Quran... This is so confusing to me. I need to understand what happens to people like them before trying to convey any message in form of dawah.

keiv
03-10-2022, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
I'm actually very negatively surprised with this phenomena in our Ummah.

Btw, they all claim to be born this way. One of them is pride organizer. At the same time, I know they pray salat, including Fajr, fasting Ramadan, reciting Quran... This is so confusing to me. I need to understand what happens to people like them before trying to convey any message in form of dawah.
It appears to be quite the common thing these days, and yes, it's very confusing. A lot of times, I personally find that these people come from troubled backgrounds. I think it's more of a fad than it is them being "born" into it. I can't speak for anyone, but it almost feels like they want to try to fit in or they just have weak personalities and follow whatever the current trends are.

I mean, I was born straight, but it doesn't mean I can just follow my desires however I please, so in the same sense, even if they feel they were born gay, it doesn't mean they can just follow their desires however they please. That's of course as long as they consider themselves to be Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.