/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Janah

badaveil
03-22-2022, 12:58 AM
Q: What is the purpose of eating and drinking here when a person cannot die there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yunussalaf
03-22-2022, 04:24 AM
Bismillah was salatu wa salam alaa nabiiyuna Muhammed wa alaa alihi wa ashabihi ajmaeen.

The question seems like a type of question which is made in order to make your mind work because of the use of "here" and "there". But maybe it could be that the questioner is confused. I think it is what you call a mind-boggling or trick question.

What is the purpose of eating and drinking here if you cannot die there?

The answer lies in the title of the question "janah" as you will not die there. But this has nothing to do with this life's eating and drinking so the question as a question does not make logic sense.

It was a mind-exercise for me to read this question but I don't know if other people will get this benefit. There are also other benefits which is that it makes you think about Jannah and also that we should strive to fast, it is the month of shaa'baan and it is soon Ramadan etc.

So thanks for the question. The only small critique I have is that it is missing the straightforward logic and falls into the category of tricking/play which is good sometimes but not always. I think it is best to try always to say the truth and be straightforward however sometimes it is permissible to use tricks. Of course in strategy and war it is even recommended.

Allâhu Alim.

badaveil
03-22-2022, 04:58 AM
TQ for your reply.

Firstly, that topic was not designed as a trick question. It was my first at this website using my mobile app and I found out I could not edit nor delete a topic after it was uploaded. So now I writing on my notebook and it appears tools here too are limited especially where typo errors were made and uploaded (I took it for granted as I tend to use forums that allows for such amendments) so I will try to be more careful next time but unfortunately, sometimes a person can be mentally blind.

Secondly, information about Jannah is rather limited and obviously the place is more complex than what the human mind can think of so I take the opportunity to ask , that is the purpose of my asking as I am curious to know but I do not expect many can answer and if one does, it would be helpful to clarify with a reference for me to do further research.

Thirdly, I have always been trying to better understand the correlation between form and function of a creation e.g. why fish require scales or why a car with a better drag co-efficient can achieve better fuel economy. Thus if a person who is awarded a place in Jannah where one lives forever, does it makes a difference if one eats and drinks there or not?

Flos
03-22-2022, 09:13 AM
So your eating question was related to Jannah, not here at all?

Eating and drinking is also a joy for us humans, not only a survival thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
03-22-2022, 10:55 AM
As I interpreted his question is that he does not understand the purpose of eating and drinking in Jannah because you cannot die over there.

So, to some point, his logic is justified.

The answer is that firstly, you can eat and drink because it gives you joy...in Jannah you do not eat or drink out of need...you eat and drink because of the joy.
Secondly, Jannah does not need to be within our understandable logic. It is beyond this material world. laws of nature and logic as we know in this world such as gravity, inertia etc. do not apply to Jannah. So, you can eat unlimitedly, without getting the nasty feeling of being full.

*charisma*
03-22-2022, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by badaveil
Q: What is the purpose of eating and drinking here when a person cannot die there?
Simply, it is for pleasure. Why do we not eat and drink the same exact thing daily on earth if we will not die by doing so? Because eating, tasting, consuming different things is pleasurable. It is one of life's greatest joys to eat something delicious. It will even be better when it is in Paradise and it doesn't have any ill effects on us or cause us the need to go to the bathroom as dunyaa food does.

Yunussalaf
03-22-2022, 10:48 PM
TQ for your reply.

Firstly, that topic was not designed as a trick question. It was my first at this website using my mobile app and I found out I could not edit nor delete a topic after it was uploaded. So now I writing on my notebook and it appears tools here too are limited especially where typo errors were made and uploaded (I took it for granted as I tend to use forums that allows for such amendments) so I will try to be more careful next time but unfortunately, sometimes a person can be mentally blind.

Secondly, information about Jannah is rather limited and obviously the place is more complex than what the human mind can think of so I take the opportunity to ask , that is the purpose of my asking as I am curious to know but I do not expect many can answer and if one does, it would be helpful to clarify with a reference for me to do further research.

Thirdly, I have always been trying to better understand the correlation between form and function of a creation e.g. why fish require scales or why a car with a better drag co-efficient can achieve better fuel economy. Thus if a person who is awarded a place in Jannah where one lives forever, does it makes a difference if one eats and drinks there or not?

Thanks for clarifying this issue. Alhamdulilah it was not a trick question.

Concerning Al Jannah then there is a lot of information about it in the Qur'an and ahadith. In my experience the more you think of Al Jannah the more you will remember of its many descriptions. So reading about it and picturing in your mind, during prayer and at all times is a good way to know what it is like.

Concerning your question about eating and drinking in Al Jannah then maybe you are a person who is not very attracted to food so this is why you feel it is unimportant. It is good for you in this world as we should try not to eat too much. However in Al Jannah there will be no limitations and this is what most people - if not all people - really desire.

Maybe - and I hope for you - you have reached a level of eemane where you are not interested in food because your soul is close to Allâh.

This is a good reminder for me as I am quite attached to food. I know I have to strive harder and also reach a level where I eat just what is sufficient because my current situation with eating is bringing me more harm than good. So I thank you for this reminder and chance to correct myself.

badaveil
03-23-2022, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
So, to some point, his logic is justified.
So irrespective or whether it is a joy or not, a person still lives and the question of hunger does not arise. One only eats or drinks because of a desire as stated in Surah Al Furhan 25:16 which gives the impression Jannah is a place that caters to fulfill the human 5 senses to the Nth value and relative to holder.

badaveil
03-23-2022, 03:41 AM
[QUOTE]Maybe - and I hope for you - you have reached a level of eemane where you are not interested in food because your soul is close to Allâh.

This is a good reminder for me as I am quite attached to food. I know I have to strive harder and also reach a level where I eat just what is sufficient because my current situation with eating is bringing me more harm than good. So I thank you for this reminder and chance to correct myself. [/QUOTE

As a human, of course it is natural to like food it's just that subject is one of my many curiosity about Jannah. For the time being, I think Jannah is a place where multi-dimensional planes occur, how else can conflicting ideas be made to compliment e.g. Mr A wants to be with all 4 wives at the same time while each wife does not want to share him with anyone else.:statisfie

As for reminders, my doctor told me so long as a person maintains one's Body Mass Index (BMI) range, it should generally be OK. ( I just made it to my normal BMI simply by greatly reducing rice intake)

Yunussalaf
03-25-2022, 05:13 AM
So irrespective or whether it is a joy or not, a person still lives and the question of hunger does not arise. One only eats or drinks because of a desire as stated in Surah Al Furhan 25:16 which gives the impression Jannah is a place that caters to fulfill the human 5 senses to the Nth value and relative to holder.

It is an interesting subject because it reminds me of Al Jannah and that this world will end for us all.

The experience of hunger is very common in this world and important to all people. This is why it is mentioned in The Qur'an and also about life in Al Jannah. We will not feel hunger in the sense of hardship but we may still feel that strong desire for food and other pleasures which are part of our nature as humans.

We do not understand the workings of the human soul and Allâh The Majestic has put a veil on the unseen world so The Wisdom behind the desire to eat in this world or the Hereafter lies with Allâh The All Knower. There are many books written on the subject of desires and the Qur'an also mentions how we should control ourselves. So it is only the more motivating that there will be a great reward for those who strive in this life.

Allâhu Alim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.