/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Great news!!!

SeeksOnlyTruth
03-25-2022, 02:15 PM
I’ve decided to do the shahadah as soon as I can find a place and witnesses!!! I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions and being so kind and patient with me!! Please send me advice and guidance to be a good Muslim. All praise be to Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
03-25-2022, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeeksOnlyTruth
I’ve decided to do the shahadah as soon as I can find a place and witnesses!!! I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions and being so kind and patient with me!! Please send me advice and guidance to be a good Muslim. All praise be to Allah.
Congratulations brother. İ am very happy for you...to be a good muslim...
You already know how to be a good person...do your salat im time, fast, and never stop learning

Muhammad
03-25-2022, 02:29 PM
All praise is for Allah who has guided you to this decision. Do not delay in taking your shahadah.

Although there will be a lot to take in, take things step by step and don’t overwhelm yourself. Focus on the most important things first and go from there.

May Allah open your heart to His guidance and make things easy, Ameen!

SeeksOnlyTruth
03-25-2022, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Congratulations brother. İ am very happy for you...to be a good muslim...
You already know how to be a good person...do your salat im time, fast, and never stop learning
i don’t know the prayers I’m supposed to pray. Can you send me a resource so I may learn? And thank you my brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunshineday
03-25-2022, 02:46 PM
May Allah bless you much. Thank-you for taking the time to let us know.

My recommendations are to remember Allah (he is Merciful), the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell. Shaytaan tries to keep people away-especially when they have problems, but be patient and say (like people would do, love their children in times of hardship-so still hold to Allah in times of trouble, as everyone and everything belongs to him).

SeeksOnlyTruth
03-25-2022, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunshineday
May Allah bless you much. Thank-you for taking the time to let us know.

My recommendations are to remember Allah (he is Merciful), the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell. Shaytaan tries to keep people away-especially when they have problems, but be patient and say (like people would do, love their children in times of hardship-so still hold to Allah in times of trouble, as everyone and everything belongs to him).
thank you so much I will do my best

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
All praise is for Allah who has guided you to this decision. Do not delay in taking your shahadah.

Although there will be a lot to take in, take things step by step and don’t overwhelm yourself. Focus on the most important things first and go from there.

May Allah open your heart to His guidance and make things easy, Ameen!
thank you and I will

eesa the kiwi
03-25-2022, 05:15 PM
Congratulations.

May Allah bless you through Islam and the muslims through you

SintoDinto
03-26-2022, 01:11 AM
Congratulations, brother, welcome to Islam!

Hamza Asadullah
03-26-2022, 03:12 PM
i don’t know the prayers I’m supposed to pray. Can you send me a resource so I may learn? And thank you my brother.
Assalamu Alaikum,

Allahu Akbar. Allah has chosen you out of so many and given you the gift of Imaan (faith) which is the best gift we can possibly receive.

I would urge you to get in touch with your local Masjids/Islamic centres as many if them will have help, resources and circles for new Muslims or they will at least have knowledgeable Muslims to help you or out you in touch with those who can.

In the meantime please look through the following threads with resources to help you:

The English Translation of Salaah (Prayer)

Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask as we are part of your community now online.

Flos
03-27-2022, 07:05 PM
MashaAllah brother! Welcome to Islam and InshaAllah we'll celebrate this in person in Paradise!

I found a video for kids to learn performing salat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVCVAQRWbk

Hopefully this helps.

If you'd ever struggle with anything, don't forget you have Ummah for support <3

Learn How To Pray with Rami – Learn Salah for Kids - YouTube
Learn how to pray with Rami step by step video. The most easy and simple way to teach kids salah (Prayer). Just let Rami show how to pray in this animated......

SeeksOnlyTruth
03-28-2022, 02:33 PM
Thank you all so much this has been a great help. Now how do I change my label from Christianity to Islam?

Muhammad
03-28-2022, 04:07 PM
Thank you all so much this has been a great help. Now how do I change my label from Christianity to Islam?
I have changed it for you. Alhamdulillah, many congratulations on converting to Islam!

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-01-2022, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
I have changed it for you. Alhamdulillah, many congratulations on converting to Islam!
thank you for changing it and also thank you it’s been a real journey. One more thing what does “saw” stand for (in Arabic) I see that a lot when the prophet (may peace be upon him) is spoken of? I’m trying to learn so I can do things right.

Ümit
04-01-2022, 04:35 PM
thank you for changing it and also thank you it’s been a real journey. One more thing what does “saw” stand for (in Arabic) I see that a lot when the prophet (may peace be upon him) is spoken of? I’m trying to learn so I can do things right.
Saw or sas means "sallallahu aleyhi vesellem". We always say that after we speak about our prophet. Kinda like peace be upon him.
When we speak about other prophets we use "as" which is short for aleyhissalaam.
Pretty much the same.

Flos
04-01-2022, 08:17 PM
Ramadan Mubarak sister and all brothers and sisters in this forum. This is your first Ramadan <3

Sister, if you're going to go through hard time with Ramadan, please don't worry and don't despair since it's your beginning. Allah knows and understands everything.

btw, for others: is there Ramadan support thread in this forum? It could be good to bring it up so that new Muslims would benefit insha Allah

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-02-2022, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Ramadan Mubarak sister and all brothers and sisters in this forum. This is your first Ramadan <3

Sister, if you're going to go through hard time with Ramadan, please don't worry and don't despair since it's your beginning. Allah knows and understands everything.

btw, for others: is there Ramadan support thread in this forum? It could be good to bring it up so that new Muslims would benefit insha Allah
this is my first as well and my girlfriend and I live together. We are insanely in love with each other so for me this is going to be hard but she’s had several ramadans to get this right. So pray for me lol

Murid
04-02-2022, 03:49 PM
:salam:

Nice that you learn to fast.

Sorry to say, but in islam Nikah is required, no girlfriends or boyfriends are allowed.

It is very important.

Of course, there is no compulsion into relugion. You choose.
As I think religion is important to you...
Please marry your girlfriend by state law and in the mosque/local jamah nikah procedure.
You love each other and there is nothing against marriage as you livr together allready and are not some type of christian that calculate whom shall they marry, because they can do it only once. You know that christians say nothing before marriage.

Extramartial sexual relations are a very big sin and can even nullify religion.

May Allah save you.

Flos
04-02-2022, 06:08 PM
this is my first as well and my girlfriend and I live together. We are insanely in love with each other so for me this is going to be hard but she’s had several ramadans to get this right. So pray for me lol

How is it going? It's your first day and time of fasting

IslamLife00
04-02-2022, 07:02 PM
Assalaamu'alaykum akhi, welcome to Islam and the forum

Visit https://www.islamreligion.com/

The site helped me learn about Islam to the point I said my shahada in 2015, it was very helpful during my early years as a muslim to this date.

For Quran, Sunnah of the Prophet and Tafsir, these sites are very helpful Alhamdulillah :

https://quran.com/
https://sunnah.com/
https://corpus.quran.com/
https://www.alim.org/quran/tafsir/ibn-kathir

and akhi Murid is right about you and your girlfriend, living together is forbidden in Islam, do nikah.

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-06-2022, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid
:salam:

Nice that you learn to fast.

Sorry to say, but in islam Nikah is required, no girlfriends or boyfriends are allowed.

It is very important.

Of course, there is no compulsion into relugion. You choose.
As I think religion is important to you...
Please marry your girlfriend by state law and in the mosque/local jamah nikah procedure.
You love each other and there is nothing against marriage as you livr together allready and are not some type of christian that calculate whom shall they marry, because they can do it only once. You know that christians say nothing before marriage.

Extramartial sexual relations are a very big sin and can even nullify religion.

May Allah save you.
yes we are aware of this and are taking the proper steps to sleep separate and not engage in sinful activities. We are also going through the process of getting married. Thank you for the words. May Allah bless and keep you.

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-06-2022, 08:48 PM
How is it going? It's your first day and time of fasting
It’s has been hard. As a Christian I never had the desire to fast but then again it wasn’t required. I work a fast paced job and I’ve become very dizzy and light headed also I travel everyday all day but I know it will get easier as I go though it may never be completely easy. I still have memorized the prayers or how to do them but I’m working on that. Thank you for asking.

Flos
04-06-2022, 08:52 PM
It’s has been hard. As a Christian I never had the desire to fast but then again it wasn’t required. I work a fast paced job and I’ve become very dizzy and light headed also I travel everyday all day but I know it will get easier as I go though it may never be completely easy. I still have memorized the prayers or how to do them but I’m working on that. Thank you for asking.

Do you travel a lot? If you do at least 83 kilometers, you're not obliged to fast. Are you able to take some days off? You should take it easy, as it's your fist time.

“… and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desireth for you ease; He desireth not hardship for you; and (He desireth) that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.” (Al-Baqarah: 185)

IslamLife00
04-07-2022, 01:15 AM
May Allah make it easy for you. Whenever you strive to please Allah, you will not be disappointed.
Depends on the distance of travel, you may be exempt from fasting for the duration of your travel. But once you arrive, you will resume fasting.
5 times salat is obligatory every day, may Allah make it easy for you in your efforts to learn and perform ibadat.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/192168/if-a-person-is-always-travelling-can-he-avail-himself-of-the-concessions-of-travel

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
He should break the fast (and shorten the prayer) – this refers to the one who usually travels, if he has a home that he returns to, such as a merchant who brings food and other items, and such as the muleteer who takes his mounts to bring merchandise (for a trader), and so on, and like the official courier who travels in the interests of the Muslims, and others like them. The same applies to the sailor who has a place on land where he lives. As for the one who has his wife with him on board the ship and has everything he needs with him and is always travelling, he should not shorten his prayers or break the fast.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked:
What about the man who is always travelling, such as if he is a driver who goes between cities? Is it better for him to shorten the prayers or offer them in full? And, by the same token, the other concessions that are allowed when travelling?

He (may Allah have mercy on him) replied:

With regard to the traveller who is always travelling, such as a taxi driver or camel driver, if he is travelling by camel, as in the past, he may shorten his prayers for the duration of the trip, and he may put his prayers together for the duration of the trip.
But when he reaches his city he should not shorten his prayers or put them together, and when he reaches a city where he intends to stay for more than four days, he should not shorten his prayers or put them together.
But so long as he is travelling, or comes under the rulings on travelling, or the nature of his work involves travelling, or he is always travelling, then he is may avail himself of the concessions of travels, based on the texts of the Qur’an and Sunnah, as both of them classify him as a traveller.
If a person is always travelling, because he is a camel driver or a taxi driver, he may shorten his prayers whilst he is travelling, and for the duration of his stay in a city he is passing through, if his stay will be four days or less.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3807...horten-prayers

The majority of scholars are of the view that the distance at which a traveler may join prayers and not fast is forty-eight miles. Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni:
The view of Abu ‘Abd-Allaah [i.e., Imam Ahmad] is that it is not permissible to shorten the prayers for a distance of less than sixteen farsakhs, and a farsakh is three miles, so the distance is forty-eight miles.
This was the estimation of Ibn ‘Abbaas. He said: From ‘Usfaan to Makkah, or from al-Taa’if to Makkah, or from Jeddah to Makkah.

Based on this, the distance at which it is permissible to shorten prayers is the distance of two days’ travel aiming directly for that dsetination.
This is the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas and Ibn ‘Umar, and the view of Maalik, al-Layth and al-Shaafa’i.

The equivalent in kilometers is approximately 80 km.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (12/267), explaining what is meant by traveling:
The view of the majority of scholars is that this is equivalent to approximately eighty kilometers for one who travels by car, plane or ship.
This distance is what is called traveling according to the custom of the Muslims. So if a person travels by camel, car, plane or ship, for this distance or more, he is regarded as a traveler.

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Do you travel a lot? If you do at least 83 kilometers, you're not obliged to fast. Are you able to take some days off? You should take it easy, as it's your fist time.

“… and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desireth for you ease; He desireth not hardship for you; and (He desireth) that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.” (Al-Baqarah: 185)
I travel a few hundred miles a week. About 40% of my work is behind the wheel going from location to location. And thank you for clearing that up.

SoldierAmatUllah
04-09-2022, 02:32 PM
Congrats & never give up.All the best!

Regards,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.