/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Body Image Challenges, Insecure cause of Looks Part 2

sheikhonderun-
04-02-2022, 05:28 PM
I have posted Part 1 earlier. I believe this applies to both genders. This is an excerpt from one of Dr Kanwal Kaisser’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning. My notes are in brackets.
Now the challenge is how do we cultivate this appreciation of our own self so we are kind to our self and our self worth increases. How do I start this? At this time in the world, the big challenge is all (constant) images shown to us they have that perfect look. And this has happened so much, often see in social media a girl which is actually shown per worldly standards to have normal or below average looks then she transforms herself to stunning beauty. So one starts thinking if I do my make up this way, if I have these eye lashes, if I have this type of look then I will become a stunning beauty. Our reliance is on that makeup. Those tips and all that system, we lower our self worth. Its akin to putting on a mask in front of people. But internally you are not feeling good about yourself.
I remember one lady I knew. She was beautiful. She was used to wearing makeup all the time from college days. We used to try to explain to her even without make up you are pretty. And she was pretty. But she believed that without make up she wasn’t pretty. In college days, she had to go through surgery. She told her friends when surgery is finished and she will move to her room to lock the door and first put on her makeup before anyone visits her. This is why we see even famous actresses commit suicide. Because they were not able to appreciate their own bodies.
We are going to do an exercise on how to appreciate our own selves irrespective of what our looks are. Lets look at our bodies and which aspects of which we should appreciate. While I am speaking, I want you all to reflect on your own body and your own self.
(1) Cell:
You were a single cell then Allah (swt) helped you mature into multiple cells with specific unmatchable DNA coding that you inherited. And that genetic code consists of 6 billion steps to DNA. This is what has happened in your body. And cells are producing 50,000 proteins in your lifetime. This is what is happening inside of you. Then cells specialize, cells of the body they are manufacturing 5 tons of proteins for you. Each day mature body produces 300 billion cells to maintain body’s total 75 trillion cells.
When we read these facts, we exclaim ‘wow’ seriously this is amazing. This makes one realize how special I am. There is so much happening inside of me.
(2) Heart:
Lets look at the heart. Usually we are focused on matters of the heart. Allah (swt) has placed the heart as source of life, its providing oxygenated blood to each and every cell in the body. Its only 11 ounces, tirelessly pumping 2000 gallons of blood each day, beating 2.5 billion times over the course of an average lifetime. Its propelling the blood then sends back the blood to the lungs. When it returns back to the heart from the lungs. there are so many calculations in the background, that blood doesn’t get mixed with pure blood. Or else the body will get affected. The rhythmic beating of the heart, every chamber beats differently, simultaneously synchronized as well. And technology cannot replace the durability of the heart in any way. The force with which bloods come to aorta if there were large pipes there, they would burst due to the force. Allah (swt) has given us aorta that brings the blood with ease.
This is something to be appreciated. Apart from people who have challenges and diseases, everyone sitting here Allah has blessed them with this heart.
https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/...-looks-part-2/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.