/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Body Image Challenges, Insecure cause of Looks Part 3

sheikhonderun-
04-04-2022, 06:09 PM
I believe this applies to both genders. This is an excerpt from one of Dr Kanwal Kaisser’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning. My notes are in brackets.
We are going to do an exercise on how to appreciate our own selves irrespective of what our looks are. Lets look at our bodies and which aspects of which we should appreciate. While I am speaking, I want you all to reflect on your own body and your own self.
(4) Skeletal:
If we see our skeletal system, we have 206 bones. The structure it has is stronger than solid steel. 68 constant lubricated joints and 33 vertebrae of spine that are supporting hundreds of muscles and there are 1,000 ligaments.
If we see any structure in our body, you start looking into minute details, you will be surprised.
(5) Hand:
You see our hand, even to this day people who are working on the anatomy they are marvelled with this thumb. All the other fingers don’t have the same movement, grip, (ability) to do the work the thumb does. Whether someone is black or white. It doesn’t matter the actual appearance of the person or whether world considers them beautiful or not. But Allah (swt) has given us this beautiful thumb. And if it cannot be used, then we become limited in our ability to do work. Our hand tirelessly is flexible, extending all these joints, again according to some estimates 25 million times over a lifetime. It doesn’t get tired.
We get tired of listening to get slimmer, your skin tone is such put this cream on. Who is going to marry you? You look like this, you got a funny nose. At that time, if we look (and reflect) at these body parts (that were mentioned). We will never get that feeling in our heart ‘Allah why did you make me like this?’
(6) Eyes:
Now look at the eye that we have. Look at the camera that has been placed there. Countless signals and pictures the camera is capturing. The beauty of that is the messages transferred to the brain. Its making sense of the world. Its not like an image is created and gets printed. Rather the image goes, brain analyzes it and guides you as to what type of emotion you need to have, what kind of response you need to give, what kind of aspects you need to ponder over. We are provided complete thought process.
Eyes, Nose, Ears if you look at them. Reflect on how they are working in our body. So when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we should have a flat appearance but Allah (swt) gives us 3 dimensional view. We can look around and appreciate ourselves how Allah has created my body. Movement of eyes its equivalent to walking 50 miles a day. Have you ever walked 50 miles a day? 10 of million receptors are there in the retina which are again making billions of calculations each second. Its a self cleansing camera given to us. We don’t even need to clean it.
Think about it on Sunday, you to clean your eyes, lungs, kidneys and liver (which we don’t need to do as its done automatically for us). Like each day when we sleep we rejuvenate. We don’t appreciate our sleep.
(7) Ear:
Look at the eardrum research what is the size of these bones? 2-3 bones that are in the ear, they (are so small) they can be placed on your finger tips. Due to these 3 bones, you are able to distinguish individual sounds. Even if there is some form of imbalance your ear informs you of this.
For example if someone is blind. What happens? Allah (swt) would strengthen the other senses. Those type of work we are not able to do, now they are able to do it. I have seen paralyzed people. I have seen deaf people. They are some performing such beautiful tasks. Why? Because the other qualities that Allah (swt) has given them, their efforts are on towards appreciating those.

https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/...-looks-part-3/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.