/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Curious to know about it!

Saira Khan
04-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Assalam O Alaikum,

Can someone tell me the exact meaning or interpretation of the hadith below? I am seeking for the meaning of the red part of the narration.Thank you!

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whoever has seen me in a dream will see me when he is awake – or it is as if he has seen me while he is awake; the devil does not take my shape." {Bukhari & Muslim}

Similarly Allah says,
How can you disbelieve when Allah’s revelations are recited to you and His Messenger is in your midst? (Al Imran: 101)

We know that the Quran is for the entire Ummah, untill the day of Qayamah, or should we say that it is for the people of the time of the prophet only? (Peace be upon him)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
04-04-2022, 07:47 PM
:salam:
:bism:

I would it interpret as:
-it will be a true dream, the sahabi will see prophet saws maybe tomorrow
-we do not know the appearance of the prophet :saws:, we did not saw him, and we should interpret with great caution when someone, maybe falsly, in a dream says he is prophet :saws:
-I've seen even "greater" dreams, which were fake

We must adopt the adhkaar, duas, salawat, nawafils, build up good deeds to draw closer to good and true dreams.
We should not that readily believe dreams who does not have that routine for at least a year or does not have similar family members, neighbors and friends.

Here is the list of duas/awrad before sleep.
https://backtojannah.com/before-sleep/

(my quick review, website OK, please reevaluate)

Saira Khan
04-04-2022, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid
-it will be a true dream, the sahabi will see prophet saws maybe tomorrow
-we do not know the appearance of the prophet
We cannot say that it is only about Sahaba, it contains the word "whoever", secondly, we know about the appearance of the holy prophet (peace be upton him) for it is well recorded by the Sahaba. That is why I am curious to know what does exactly the hadith mean.
JazakAllah for your answer.

Murid
04-04-2022, 08:10 PM

The answer was inclusive, except the "appearance".
The "written" appearance can misjudge you. There are similar persons.
It is not that easy.
In addition the wording whoever can be including to sahaba, as prophet saws talked to them.
There are other less known hadiths, but we must use precautions and know the methodology.

The steps above are needed and maybe evaluation of a shaykh.
What if I come into your dream (say I maybe look somehow similar to the prophet :saws: , except hair), would you believe me that I'm prophet :saws: eudhubillah?
People, can come into dreams and alter dreams, not to say more scary stuff.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Murid
04-04-2022, 08:14 PM
PS
Persons can alter clothing, turbans, even put veils, even make movies, better than CGI, etc. It is easy.

It can happen and happens a lot in real life if you are with some "tariqah" or suffering sihr (some say mental disease), eudhubillah.

Saira Khan
04-04-2022, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid
Persons can alter clothing, turbans, even put veils, even make movies, better than CGI, etc. It is easy.
My question is not about that stuff, I have edited and added an ayah from Quran now, my question is that is it not for the entire ummah?

Murid
04-04-2022, 08:43 PM

It is a so clear ayah, people in the time of prophet :saws: were addressed. We must think about, somehow similarly to stories of other prophets.
You are a convert?

Flos
04-04-2022, 08:58 PM
Interesting sister! For the ayah I think you should look for tafseer. This is what I've found - http://m.qtafsir.com/Surah-Aal-e-Imr...le-of-the-B---

For the hadith, as far as I know it means you'll see Him on Judgment Day or Day of Resurrection. And it's true that no one can take His PBUH face in dream.

Saira Khan
04-04-2022, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
For the hadith, as far as I know it means you'll see Him on Judgment Day or Day of Resurrection.
JazakiAllah dear sister for your answer and providing me the reference of tafsir.
The line quoted above is true but it is true for all those who will be granted paradise and for sure they will see and meet the prophet (peace be upon him), but it is not related to the dream. What I understood from all these is that Allah wants us exactly what the companions did. The only way to paradise is to follow the companions to the best of our abilities because they followed the Sunnah in everything. When we do that, we exactly go into those times (psychologically) and then we feel like the prophet (peace be upon him) and the Ayahs of Quran are directly talking to us even today, which we refer to "Eemaan" in other words. Then we won't have to say that ayahs like this one are directed towards companions only, because only then, we become and we can become the origional Ummah rooted back to Sahaba (the companions).
Allah knows best!

Flos
04-04-2022, 10:00 PM
Subhanallah, I was just thinking about that and talking to Allah about it. Mostly out of fear as sahabas went through so much for the sake of Allah.
As He put me through many trials it reminded me of their trials...
Patience and prayer...

Murid
04-05-2022, 07:21 AM
:bism:

It is important to know that sahaba lived in their time, but regarding general emulatin, were great businessman, traders, hunters, soldiers, poets, travellers, great in agruculture, languages, sciences etc.

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...ml#post3045351

If practicing a lot of ibadah, avoiding idle time, great augmentations and benefits in dunya will come. If we would work an hour for "dunya" (with duas, dhikr, if possible) and an hour for akhirah, great wonders would appear in short time period.

We must have zeal and consistency.

Supernova
04-06-2022, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
Assalam O Alaikum,

Can someone tell me the exact meaning or interpretation of the hadith below? I am seeking for the meaning of the red part of the narration.Thank you!

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whoever has seen me in a dream will see me when he is awake – or it is as if he has seen me while he is awake; the devil does not take my shape." {Bukhari & Muslim}

Similarly Allah says,
How can you disbelieve when Allah’s revelations are recited to you and His Messenger is in your midst? (Al Imran: 101)

We know that the Quran is for the entire Ummah, untill the day of Qayamah, or should we say that it is for the people of the time of the prophet only? (Peace be upon him)
The Hadith has two interpretations according to scholars:

a) Whoever sees Nabi [SAW] in a dream at ANY time in any era (meaning even in these days) then that person in the dream is Nabi [SAW]. Basically its open to his lifetime and even after he passed away.

b) The second interpretation is the Hadith only applies to while is alive in the physical world. Basically it means it only applies to the people while Nabi [SAW] is alive. If a companion has seen him in a dream then the companion has seen him while is awake in reality.

Saira Khan
04-06-2022, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
a) Whoever sees Nabi [SAW] in a dream at ANY time in any era (meaning even in these days) then that person in the dream is Nabi [SAW]. Basically its open to his lifetime and even after he passed away.
Thanks and JazakAllah for your answer.
The first one interpretation seems more reasonable as we have these ahadiths in this regard:

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (saws), "Do not turn my grave into a site of festivities, but send greetings to me for your greetings are raised to me wherever you might be." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud)

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (saws) said, "When any Muslim sends greetings to me, Allah returns my soul to me so that I may respond to his greetings." (Reported by Abu Dawud).

Murid
04-06-2022, 06:44 PM

Thank you for hadith and your interpretation (which does not make sense to me).

https://www.abuaminaelias.com/dailyh...l-protect-you/

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/as...urn-greetings/

We know that during ettahiyat we are in prayer/talking to Allah.

We can not buil up a firqa based up on two haditht.

Instead, reciting 1000x darood mornings and evenings is a good idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.