/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiving disbelievers

Flos
04-04-2022, 10:51 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I keep seeing "forgive them" message. Probably because of Ramadan, but I wonder if it's message to me too.
There're 3 disbelievers who did something to me and I thought I don't have to forgive them as they are not believers. Actually, I said I won't forgive them unless, one day they revert...

So the question is whether the message to forgive is general, for all humans?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
04-05-2022, 01:20 AM
:salam:
:bism:

Best is to forgive everyone and ask your reward from Allah.

Of course, that means not, not to be extra watchful etc.

Please read the duas, dhikr, salawat, estegfar, pray nawafils and you'll be a lot more protected against their evils inshaAllah. Build up good deeds and give the knowledge to others too.

Ask Allahs names Ya Allahu Ya Hafeezu Ya Raqeebu Ya Momin Ya Muhaymin Ya Wakeel Ya Mania

Ümit
04-05-2022, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

I keep seeing "forgive them" message. Probably because of Ramadan, but I wonder if it's message to me too.
There're 3 disbelievers who did something to me and I thought I don't have to forgive them as they are not believers. Actually, I said I won't forgive them unless, one day they revert...

You do not have to forgive anyone. If someone wronged you, whether he/she is a believer or non-believer...it doesn't matter..you do not have to forgive him/her. It is your choice to forgive.

But of course, like said, forgiving everyone and asking your reward from Allah is always better.

Flos
04-05-2022, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
You do not have to forgive anyone. If someone wronged you, whether he/she is a believer or non-believer...it doesn't matter..you do not have to forgive him/her. It is your choice to forgive.

But of course, like said, forgiving everyone and asking your reward from Allah is always better.

I know, but my ways were special for believers, like instant forgiveness for them and for disbelievers not really. And since Ramadan started I keep seeing "forgive them" so probably this Ramadan is teaching me to forgive everyone for the sake of Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saira Khan
04-05-2022, 03:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Walaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullah,
Dear sister, if they have done something unwanted related to you as a person, you have the choice to forgive them or not (some times forgiving them means encouraging them). But if it is related to Deen and beliefs, you don't have the right to forgive them as they are disbelievers.
Stay blessed.

Murid
04-05-2022, 04:28 PM
:bism:
It is a difference between forgiving, and, accepting their disbelief as ours.
You know that many different disbelievers accepted Islam throught good communication, for example Andreas Abu Bakr Rieger, as I heard told the German sufis the Nitchean "God is dead", but instead of anger, they told him, like "Good! That's half of the faith (la ilaha)! Now, what remains is to tell the shahadat and be a Muslim".
And he accepted Islam and was I think the President of European Islamic Union, founded an islamic newspaper and is among the 500 most influental muslims as per some reports.

We must choose well and not loose our energy on bad emotions.
It is often loss-loss.

You know that for example Hz Ummar was among the worst enemies of Islam, wanted to kill the prophet :saws: before accepting Islam.

Eric H
04-06-2022, 01:50 PM
Peace be with you Flos,

There're 3 disbelievers who did something to me and I thought I don't have to forgive them as they are not believers
I have come to learn that when I forgive someone, it is more for my benefit; rather than for theirs.

If you forgive them, what will it do for them?

If you can't forgive them, what will this do to you? You will carry thoughts of anger every time you think of them, you will find no peace. You cannot enjoy being the kind and caring person you want to be, because you will be living with anger and resentment. Life is not fair, only Allah can give true justice.

When you can feel that you have truly forgiven someone, and you hold nothing against them anymore, it can feel like a huge burden has been taken away from you.

May Allah bless you as you journey through Ramadan.
Eric

Flos
04-06-2022, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Peace be with you Flos,

I have come to learn that when I forgive someone, it is more for my benefit; rather than for theirs.

If you forgive them, what will it do for them?

If you can't forgive them, what will this do to you? You will carry thoughts of anger every time you think of them, you will find no peace. You cannot enjoy being the kind and caring person you want to be, because you will be living with anger and resentment. Life is not fair, only Allah can give true justice.

When you can feel that you have truly forgiven someone, and you hold nothing against them anymore, it can feel like a huge burden has been taken away from you.

May Allah bless you as you journey through Ramadan.
Eric

Oh dear Eric, always with best words. Thank you!

I've forgiven them and I already feel better.

It's hard to forgive when someone steals all you built for years from you...

Murid
04-06-2022, 04:29 PM

There is an intetesting book for Flos in Bosnian by Aid al-Qarni:
https://www.kelimeh.org/product/rjes...-sve-probleme/

Sadly I think it is not translated into English.
An easier read with some life tips we can adapt.

Rješenje: zlatni ključi za sva pitanja i sve probleme
Rješenje: zlatni ključi za sva pitanja i sve probleme. Knjiga Rješenje: zlatni ključi za sva pitanja i sve probleme je kod kuće drug, na putovanju......

I noticed the good chapter on forgiveness!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.