/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hell

SeeksOnlyTruth
04-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Will hell one day be empty according to Islam? I read 2:81 that Nay, those who seek gain in evil, and are girt round by their sins, - they are companions of the Fire: Therein shall the abide (For ever). But I’ve heard many time this will not be the case. However this passage from the Quran says for ever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
04-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Assalamualaikum br.

Yes, the disbelievers will remain in it forever. And the believers will be in jannah forever. And then there's a third category(muslims who used to sin a lot) who will live in hell for a short time and after their punishment is completed,they will be put into jannah.

IslamLife00
04-11-2022, 09:54 PM
Assalaamu'alaykum and Ramadan mubarak

Hell will never be empty. Paradise too will never be empty. Those who are sent to both Hell and Paradise will abide there eternally, except Jahannamiyyin (these are muslims who due to their sins are sent to Hell until Allah allows them out, when He does, they will be taken out of Hell and bathed and entered into Paradise. The people of Paradise will call them Jahanammiyin)

Narrated Ibn `Umar:

The Prophet; said, "The people of Paradise will enter Paradise, and the people of the (Hell) Fire will enter the (Hell) Fire: then a call-maker will get up (and make an announcement) among them, 'O the people of the (Hell) Fire! No death anymore ! And O people of Paradise! No death (anymore) but Eternity." Sahih al Bukhari

Narrated `Imran bin Husain:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Some people will be taken out of the Fire through the intercession of Muhammad they will enter Paradise and will be called Al-Jahannamiyin. Sahih al Bukhari

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: My intercession will be for those of my people who have committed major sins. Sunan Abu Dawud

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "For every Prophet there is one supplication which is definitely fulfilled by Allah, and I wish, if Allah will, to keep my (special) supplication as to intercede for my followers on the Day of Resurrection." Sahih al Bukhari

That Day, no intercession will benefit except [that of] one to whom the Most Merciful has given permission and has accepted his word. Taha 109

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.