/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this job allows?

new2010
04-12-2022, 07:10 PM
Salam,

is it allowed to work as a promoter for pay tv service? There is one issues I found, some of them have a channels for adults in the packackge. The rest is mainstream and sports (soccer). Is it permissible? It's like the Internet, if you sell it people might use it for watching adult content or other stuff thats haram. Is that the same or or pay tv services different?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
04-12-2022, 07:23 PM
:wasalam:
If you do not have any better job.

Try to educate further, try to read a book or two weekly, spend time in masjid, gym, library. Seek for better job with a lot of dua, like: Allahuma khirli wakhtarli, Allahumma kfini be halalika an haramika wa agnini be fadlika amman siwak, Allahumma aksir malee wa waladi wa barik lee fe ma eataytani, Allahumma gfirli zembi wa wasia li fee darii wa barik li fee rizqi.
Find them in Arabic please.

Try to enroll into college or university or get a second diploma.

Flos
04-12-2022, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Salam,

is it allowed to work as a promoter for pay tv service? There is one issues I found, some of them have a channels for adults in the packackge. The rest is mainstream and sports (soccer). Is it permissible? It's like the Internet, if you sell it people might use it for watching adult content or other stuff thats haram. Is that the same or or pay tv services different?

I think you should ask scholar. It's tricky question and situation as other channels promote haram, like alcohol, immodesty etc.

Hamza Asadullah
04-12-2022, 08:50 PM
Salam,

Asalaamu Alaikum. That sounds a bit like owning a grocery store where you also sell Alcohol. Although alcohol is not your primary income it is still a part of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
new2010
04-12-2022, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum. That sounds a bit like owning a grocery store where you also sell Alcohol. Although alcohol is not your primary income it is still a part of it.
Good point. Even if you consider selling a package of fruits, chocolate and a bottle of alcohol. You probably couldn't argue, that you cannot know if the person will drink the alcohol or not. Still, then selling Internet services is doubful too, because it might be used for illegal stuff or watching adult content. And we know that this is even done by muslims..., probably I will leave it to be on the save side though the pay way above average. But finding a job is hard, especially if you are foreigner.

Hamza Asadullah
04-12-2022, 11:35 PM
Good point. Even if you consider selling a package of fruits, chocolate and a bottle of alcohol. You probably couldn't argue, that you cannot know if the person will drink the alcohol or not. Still, then selling Internet services is doubful too, because it might be used for illegal stuff or watching adult content. And we know that this is even done by muslims..., probably I will leave it to be on the save side though the pay way above average. But finding a job is hard, especially if you are foreigner.
If a person does their best to stay away from selling that which contains haraam then surely Allah will open up doors for them. A close friend of mine used to sell insurance and for a long time he felt in his heart that it was wrong and he finally took the step to give it up and eventually Allah opened up doors for him and now he runs his own business alhamdulillah. It is shaythan who makes us fear poverty.

However we must be certain that whatever is written for us will certainly reach us. As long as we make the utmost effort to ensure that we are earning in a way that will please Allah.

So ask of Allah during these blessed nights and make the effort and put your trust in Allah and know that the right doors will eventually open for you eventually insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!