/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Talking to Allah in night prayer

Flos
04-20-2022, 10:05 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I've been searching for so long and haven't found anywhere the answer to this question, except for talking to Allah in sujood. And when I talk to Allah in sujood I can't make it to tell Him everything from my heart and due to my health condition I cant stay long in one sujood, so the conversation would be broken between many sujoods.

Is it possible to tell Allah what is bothering me while in qiyam? And if yes, when? Before Fatiha and after opening salaat, after Quran recitation, before opening salaat... and how?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
04-21-2022, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

I've been searching for so long and haven't found anywhere the answer to this question, except for talking to Allah in sujood. And when I talk to Allah in sujood I can't make it to tell Him everything from my heart and due to my health condition I cant stay long in one sujood, so the conversation would be broken between many sujoods.

Is it possible to tell Allah what is bothering me while in qiyam? And if yes, when? Before Fatiha and after opening salaat, after Quran recitation, before opening salaat... and how?
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Regarding making Dua in one's own language in Salaah, then this is a matter of many differences of opinion amongst the Scholars, many of which stated that it is not befitting nor permissible to do so except to do the Dua's that are prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah in Arabic.

However there is no reason why you cannot make Dua in your own language in Sujood outside of Salaah. We have so many opportunities to make Dua in our own languages outside of Salaah. The best times to make Dua are:

1. Last third of the night Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: In the last third of every night our Rabb (Allah (SWT)) descends to the lowermost heaven and says; “Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

2. In your Sujood Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: The nearest a slave can be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke (supplicate) Allah (SWT) much in it.[Sahih Muslim] - You can also make Dua in Sujood outside of Salaah for as long as you can and then sit up again and carry on.

3. Between the Adhan and Iqama It was narrated that Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
Du’a is not rejected between the adhan and iqamah, so engage in du’a (supplication). (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 212; Abu Dawood, 437; Ahmad, 12174).

4. At the end of obligatory prayer Narrated Abu Omamah (RA): that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) was asked, O Messenger of Allah, which supplication is heard (by Allah (SWT), he said the end of the night and at the end of the obligatory Salat (prayer) [at-Tirmidhi]. This time is after saying ‘At-tahyat’ and before making Tasleem (finishing prayer)

5. When it’s raining Narrated Sahel Ibn Sa’ad (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain. [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]

6. While travelling The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveller. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi – Sahih]

7. When breaking your fast The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveller. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi – Sahih]

8. After sending blessings on the Prophet Narrated Faddalah ibn Ubayd (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: When anyone of you makes Du’a, let him start by glorifying his Lord and praising Him, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (SAW), then let him pray for whatever he wants. [Abu Dawud #1481, at-Tirmidhi #3477]

9. On the day of Arafah The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: The best supplication is the supplication on the day of Arafat. [at-Tirmidhi and Malik]

10. When visiting the sick Ali (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: When a Muslim visits his sick Muslim brother in the morning; seventy thousand angels make Dua for his forgiveness till the evening. And when he visits him in the evening, seventy thousand angels make Dua for his forgiveness till the morning, and he will be granted a garden for it in Jannah. [at-Tirmidhi, abu Dawud]

Also it is a good idea for us especially now that these best nights of the year have arrived to think and write a bullet points of things that we want to make Dua about, for ourselves and others. In this way we can use those bullet points to cover everything we want to in our Dua's during the best nights of the year. I hope that helped.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.