/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ocd and Ramadan

Fti
04-23-2022, 04:56 AM
At first i always had many things in my brain that i needed to fix and improve for eg relationship with my parents ,my education and work etc but after a long battle with ocd and trying to fix other areas of my life first where i continuously failed due to ocd coming in my way and making a simple task extremely difficult and daunting. I've realized that i need to to put ocd healing first and all other things second and only then i can get rid of this hell in my brain but the problem is the guilt of not worshipping the way i should in ramadan is not letting me put complete focus on ocd healing what should I do now!?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
04-23-2022, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fti
At first i always had many things in my brain that i needed to fix and improve for eg relationship with my parents ,my education and work etc but after a long battle with ocd and trying to fix other areas of my life first where i continuously failed due to ocd coming in my way and making a simple task extremely difficult and daunting. I've realized that i need to to put ocd healing first and all other things second and only then i can get rid of this hell in my brain but the problem is the guilt of not worshipping the way i should in ramadan is not letting me put complete focus on ocd healing what should I do now!?
Asalaamu Alaikum, can you give some examples of how OCD affects you in various aspects and areas of your life including in worship?

Fti
04-23-2022, 05:46 AM
There are many things for eg i have to clean myself constantly to feel "right" i have to recite same thing over and over so that it feels ok even when i start wudu i can't even recite Bismillah with ease as i have to repeat it over and over just to get feeling of "right"

Hamza Asadullah
04-23-2022, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fti
There are many things for eg i have to clean myself constantly to feel "right" i have to recite same thing over and over so that it feels ok even when i start wudu i can't even recite Bismillah with ease as i have to repeat it over and over just to get feeling of "right"
Yes those are very common traits in those who suffer from waswasa/OCD in worship. Please refer to the following thread which is dedicated to helping those suffering from waswasa/OCD in worship. It contains many helpful articles, resources, help and advices to enable you to overcome your issues insha'Allah:

How to overcome Waswasa/OCD in Worship:

How to Overcome Waswasa/OCD in Worship

Please go through the entire thread carefully and make notes and implement all the advices and you will definitely find many things in the thread that will help enable you to overcome your issues insha'Allah.

Also ask of Allah profusely during these blessed days and nights to help you overcome your issues and make the utmost effort with the help, advices and resources provided throughout the thread. Then put your faith, reliance, trust and faith in Allah and never lose hope nor give up as that's what our enemy shaythan wants.

May Allah make it easy for you and enable you to overcome your issues. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fti
04-23-2022, 01:08 PM
JazakAllah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.