/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cant Focus in Prayer

Sulaiman098
04-26-2022, 03:13 PM
Assalamu alikum.
So first i would like to add that i was sinning before.Now that i got in the right path the sin i were committing haunts me. Like its legit i cant focus in prayer it (The sins) just pops right in my face. And sometimes i get the feeling of loosing wudu everytime.
I dont know if its me or the shaitan doing this but after the prayer i literally cry and get deprresed of this.
If Anyone can help..pls let me know. Jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ginny melha
04-26-2022, 03:35 PM
This happens to me as well.

Sulaiman098
04-26-2022, 04:57 PM
May Allah help you sister

ginny melha
04-26-2022, 05:21 PM
And you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Murid
04-26-2022, 05:41 PM
:salam:

It is good to improve health and fitness.

Start drinking twice daily 150 mL pomegranate juice and 250 mL orange juice.
Buy some halal brain/memory supplement.
Enroll into gym, best with everyday programme.

Recite dua from Ad Dua Divine help and this booklet mornings and evening, https://www.nooresunnat.com/Audio/Zi...ening_duas.pdf

Recite mornings and evenings at least 100x salawat ibrahime (from last sitting in namaz/salat), estegfar, tasbeeh: subhanallahe walhamdulillahi wa la ilaha illallahu wallahu akbar wa la hawla wa la quwwate illa billahil aliyyil adheem.

Try to visit a muslim psychologist/psychiayrist too.

Spend sadaqa/donations at charities, like Islamic Relief, Muslim hands, Islamic charity, Islamic aid etc.

Hamza Asadullah
04-27-2022, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sulaiman098
Assalamu alikum.
So first i would like to add that i was sinning before.Now that i got in the right path the sin i were committing haunts me. Like its legit i cant focus in prayer it (The sins) just pops right in my face. And sometimes i get the feeling of loosing wudu everytime.
I dont know if its me or the shaitan doing this but after the prayer i literally cry and get deprresed of this.
If Anyone can help..pls let me know. Jazakhallah
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Firstly congratulations for making a firm intention and resolve to leave your former life of doing major sins behind. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Verily, you will never leave anything for the sake of Allah Almighty but that Allah will replace it with something better.” (Aḥmad 22565)

So surely if we leave a bad habit, addiction and sin solely for the pleasure of Allah, then he will give us far more in return and open up doors for us we never imagined. So It is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling right now especially after leaving a life of major sins, bad habits and addictions. It is actually a good sign you are feeling like this because the resistance you are feeling is your Nafs (desires) struggling against you. Your Nafs is certainly not happy that you are not able to get your quick dopamine fix from doing any of those major sins and bad addictions and habits anymore. Our Nafs wants what is comfortable and easy for us. Jahannam is surrounded by comforts and ease whilst Jannah is surrounded by hardships and afflictions.

Giving up bad habits and addictions is certainly not easy at first. However you must continue to push through this difficult initial phase. It wont last too long. You will feel better and better everyday. As the cliché goes - "time is the best healer". What you are going through is equivalent to withdrawal symptoms from drugs because giving up bad addictions and major sins becomes like a drug for our brains and Nafs.

Ibn Qayyim (Ra) stated: "One only finds difficulty in quitting bad habits when he leaves them for other than Allah. As for the one who quits them truthfully and sincerely from his heart for Allah, then he only finds difficulty in quitting at the very beginning, to ascertain whether he is truthful or lying about stopping. So if he is patient with that hardship for a little while, it will turn into delight. He also stated: Ward off passing thoughts, for if you do not, they will become ideas. Ward off ideas, for if you do not, they will become desires. Fight the desires, for if you do not, they will become resolve and determination. And if you do not ward them off, they will become actions. If you do not resist them with its opposite, they will become habits. And it will be difficult for you to get rid of them."

So what you are experiencing now is like any other withdrawal symptom - it just takes time for it to get out of your system and with time your brain will eventually rewire itself so that you will gradually feel better and better as each day passes. In fact once this phase has passed you will feel great delight in overcoming these major sins, bad addictions and habits. You will feel so much better about yourself and for what you have achieved. After that you will feel a renewed strength after which you can then start to tackle other sins, bad habits and addictions in your life that are holding you back.

However make sure you quit and keep away from all stimulants such as nicotine and caffeine as these weaken a persons will power. Continue to do as many good deeds as you can easily manage on a daily basis but remember never to burn yourself out. Start off doing a small amount each day then gradually increase. Keep asking for forgiveness all the time as Allah loves those who repent as he loves to forgive. Also thank Allah as much as you can as he gives more to those who are thankful. By repenting a lot and being thankful all of the time then he will open up doors for you that you never thought was possible. Also do a lot of dhikr (remembrance and glorification of Allah) as much as you can as that will soften our hardened hearts (due to sin) and fill it with the light of Allah's remembrance .

Connect to the Qur'an on a daily basis even if it is one page a day to start with, but also with its meanings. Reading the meanings of the Qur'an and reflecting and pondering over them and trying to implement them into your daily life is the purpose of the Qur'an in our lives. This will have a profoundly positive effect on our Imaan. Try and pray the Tahajjud prayer every night or on as many nights as you can manage. It is easier for us to adopt this habit now as we are already awakening for Suhoor every night, which is also the time for Tahajjud prayer. The Tahajjud prayer has a profoundly positive effect on our imaan as it will create more awareness of Allah throughout our day and therefore we will think twice before doing any action as to whether or not it pleases or displeases Allah. So by replacing the sins of your previous life with a life of good deeds then gradually these feelings you are feeling right now with a lack of concentration and Khushu and flashbacks of your previous life of sins, will eventually dissipate and go away. Just keep pushing through and never give up as shaythan wants to break us before we manage to make any progress.

Also it is very important for men in particular to connect to the Masjid. This is not only because it builds a sense of being part of the Muslim community and brotherhood but also so that we can busy ourselves with attending prayers at the Masjid and meet good pious and practicing people whom we can befriend. Attending the Masjid will also give you opportunities to attend beneficial lectures and Islamic courses as learning knowledge is crucial for everyone of us until our last breathe, as it is knowledge that will increase our ranks in the Hereafter and enable us to get closer to Allah and for us to get to know Allah. As already mentioned it is extremely important for us to keep good company and to leave bad company completely, as we will eventually become those who we keep as company. Also the bad company we keep will be a source of great on the day of judgement:

“Oh, woe to me! I wish I had not taken that one as a friend.” (Qur'an 25;28)

So make the best of the blessed days and nights that remain of this blessed month and continue to repent and to thank him as well as to beg and cry unto him for his help and guidance in enabling you to remain firm and to guide you to the right path and not to be led away to the wrong path by your desires and whispers of shaythan. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope the following threads are of great benefit to you and all:

3 ways of attaining focus in our Salaah (prayer) - You will be amazed!

How to quit bad habits for Allah & change our lives for the better!

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ng-tricks.html

10 Steps to Increase our Iman (Faith) - Updated version

30 ways to Gain the Top Ranks of Jannah

Utterly regretful in the Hereafter

The Virtues of praying Tahajjud - The Night Vigil Prayer

10 Steps to Gaining Taqwa (Fearful awareness of Allah)

IslamLife00
04-29-2022, 04:15 PM
Wa 'alaykumussalaam and Ramadan mubarak

Don't despair of the mercy of Allah. If you repent sincerely, inshaAllah your repentance will be accepted, just guard yourself from committing sin, from displeasing Him in the future.
Satan is clearly the enemy of all descendants of Adam alayhi salaam, this is repeatedly Allah said in the Qur'an.
Don't listen to satan's whispering and focus on ibadat even increase your ibadat, this will bring you closer to Allah.
Seek refuge with Allah from His trial and His wrath. Keep asking His forgiveness for the sins you know you have committed and the sins you don't know/don't realize you have committed - even the Prophet asked forgiveness 70 times a day (Sahih Bukhari)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.