/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous donations

RevertTayra
05-01-2022, 11:03 PM
Salamun Alaykum,

Is there any online way to give sadaqa and hide who you are? For example, Ummah trust? Do they know who donated? Is there a way that credit card is not registered, paypal also or anything else when an online charity receives the donation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-01-2022, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RevertTayra
Salamun Alaykum,

Is there any online way to give sadaqa and hide who you are? For example, Ummah trust? Do they know who donated? Is there a way that credit card is not registered, paypal also or anything else when an online charity receives the donation?
Wa Alaikum Asalaam. I volunteer for a charity myself and it is only admin who have access to details but only for transaction purposes just like any other company whom you buy from online. What are your concerns?

RevertTayra
05-01-2022, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Wa Alaikum Asalaam. I volunteer for a charity myself and it is only admin who have access to details but only for transaction purposes just like any other company whom you buy from online. What are your concerns?
My concern is - I want my sadaqa to be anonymous, only Allah to know I did it. Donation boxes where I live are surrounded by a lot of people and anyone can see me donating, and online I wonder if I can do it and have no witnesses.

Murid
05-02-2022, 12:25 AM
:salam:

Some online sites:

https://muslimhands.org.uk/home

https://www.muslimaid.org/

https://www.islamic-relief.org/

https://muslimcharity.org.uk/

Please help in your local community too, maybe calling humanitarian lines.

Almost all are internationally publically anonymus, except bank transfer recordings, listings etc.

Sometimes they put your name on a water well or pump in the village/town. When you sponsor a hafez school, classroom, they mention probably your name or make dua for you. That should not be bad. If you have issues with it, there are options that they do not inform you about progress of your donations.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
05-02-2022, 12:48 AM
My concern is - I want my sadaqa to be anonymous, only Allah to know I did it. Donation boxes where I live are surrounded by a lot of people and anyone can see me donating, and online I wonder if I can do it and have no witnesses.
Whilst it is better and more praiseworthy to give in charity in secret whilst the left hand does not know what the right hand has given. However we shouldn't have to go to such extremes as you are stating. As long as we ensure that we check our intentions beforehand (like we should do before every good action), then we can give publicly too whenever there is an opportunity to do so, as we do not want to miss any opportunity of giving in charity, as it will be a source of huge regret in the Hereafter.

When you're donating online then there's nothing to worry about when it comes to one's intentions. This is because admin knowing your details is irrelevant to your intentions as they do not know who you are. You are just another "number" in the thousands who've donated and whose transaction they are processing.

So there's absolutely nothing to be worried about in that regard. At times we have to try and distinguish between genuine concerns, worries and doubts and the insinuating whispers of shaythan (Waswasa) which is also linked to OCD. If this is something we think we may suffer from to some degree as many of us do, then please see the following thread:

How to Overcome Waswasa/OCD in Worship

RevertTayra
05-04-2022, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Whilst it is better and more praiseworthy to give in charity in secret whilst the left hand does not know what the right hand has given. However we shouldn't have to go to such extremes as you are stating. As long as we ensure that we check our intentions beforehand (like we should do before every good action), then we can give publicly too whenever there is an opportunity to do so, as we do not want to miss any opportunity of giving in charity, as it will be a source of huge regret in the Hereafter.

When you're donating online then there's nothing to worry about when it comes to one's intentions. This is because admin knowing your details is irrelevant to your intentions as they do not know who you are. You are just another "number" in the thousands who've donated and whose transaction they are processing.

So there's absolutely nothing to be worried about in that regard. At times we have to try and distinguish between genuine concerns, worries and doubts and the insinuating whispers of shaythan (Waswasa) which is also linked to OCD. If this is something we think we may suffer from to some degree as many of us do, then please see the following thread:

How to Overcome Waswasa/OCD in Worship
I'm not having OCD nor waswasa brother. Nor do I have a problem with donating regularly online or offline. I'm simply asking for a possible online donating site, Muslim if possible, where my name is never going to be known to anyone. Simple as that... Simple question - simple answer... If there's no such website, there are other ways. I have nothing to regret.

Hamza Asadullah
05-04-2022, 09:12 PM
I'm not having OCD nor waswasa brother. Nor do I have a problem with donating regularly online or offline. I'm simply asking for a possible online donating site, Muslim if possible, where my name is never going to be known to anyone. Simple as that... Simple question - simple answer... If there's no such website, there are other ways. I have nothing to regret.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Apologies my sister, I didn't mean to imply that you suffer from it. I only mentioned it and made reference to the thread as one of the symptoms of waswasa in worship is being overly cautious. However you being cautious about wanting to protect your intentions and good deeds is highly commendable MashaAllah. Yes I did clarify to you in my first post that if you donate on a charities website or on any online charity donations platform, then it is only the charities administrators who will have access to your details, but only for transaction purposes just like any other company whom you buy from online. So no other person in the public will know your details nor what you have given. So you have nothing to worry about in this regard.

With regards to online charity donation platforms like Justgiving, Givebrite, Totalgiving etc then when you have specified the amount you want to donate, you will be given the option of being anonymous by ticking the little box. This will mean that your your donation will come up as "anonymous" on the donations page that the public will see. So no one will know your name, location nor what you have given. Therefore in both cases no one from the public will be able to see your name or any details nor how much you have given except for the charities administrators.

There are many good Muslim charities and in the UK Alhamdulillah and I personally volunteer for OneNation and trust and recommend both OneNation.org and UWT.org as they have a 100% donations policy and are Scholarly led charities Alhamdulillah. They do a lot of wonderful work across the World and closer to home, running various types of projects including Sadaqa Jaariya (ongoing charity) projects. With them you can be sure that your donations are going to the right places. Huggs is another amazing Muslim charity in the UK doing a lot of good work, especially in supporting Muslim families across the UK struggling to make ends meet. If you would like anymore information or need any further help then please do not hesitate to ask.

RevertTayra
05-05-2022, 02:51 PM
You just gave me idea brother. It would be nice to have a list of online Muslim charities worldwide. Maybe many Muslims would love to donate reguraly.

And thanks for explaining. Probably it's the best solution to keep donating online and mark anonymous. Admins probably forget the name of the donor.

As for OCDs and waswasas, so true... Many Muslims can be trapped into that. The best way to fight OCDs and waswasas is knowledge in my experience and using logic and just saying bismillah if any weird thought comes to our mind. Whenever I do have those weird thoughts, after saying bismillah, I even forget what the thought was and just move on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.