/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Timelessness Attribute of Allah

ALIve
05-21-2022, 04:56 PM
Salam Alaikum, hope all is well. Could someone explain the attribute of timelessness of Allah? I don't understand the general concept. My specific question relates to Allah creating the Heavens and Earth in 6 days. Shouldn't it be instant if he is truly not bounded by time and has the most Might? Jazakumullah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
05-21-2022, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ALIve
Salam Alaikum, hope all is well. Could someone explain the attribute of timelessness of Allah? I don't understand the general concept. My specific question relates to Allah creating the Heavens and Earth in 6 days. Shouldn't it be instant if he is truly not bounded by time and has the most Might? Jazakumullah khair
Selam brother.

You are mixing two seperate things:
- First, Allah himself is timeless. Everything is a creation of Allah...meaning, time itself is also a creation of Allah. in other words, Allah is beyond the grasp of time. Allah sees and knows the past, the present and the future at all times.

That is the timelessnes of Allah.

- Second, He created the Heaven and Earth in 6 days...but 6 days according to what? Earthly days? as in 6 x 24 hours? we humans decided to measure time in Eartly days...but is that the same?
we do not know...what we DO know is that Allah chose to create the heavens and earth in a certain amount of time.
He could have done it in an instant, but He chose not to. He also could make the Earth much bigger, and put all of humanity at the same time on Earth...but He didn't.

Flos
05-22-2022, 11:29 AM
Allahu Alam...

But, it's also a lesson to us. Yes, Allah can do everything instantly. Create and destroy. But, He said that we, humans are made of speed/anxiety/impatient (70:19) - we want everything to happen instantly. We want our dua to be accepted now. We technically advance, mostly in order to speed up our activities and results: communication, cure, food, transport, etc, whilst Allah's ways is to take it easy.

If we look at the nature, it develops slowly. And if we take it that way, we've got barakah in it.

Probably when, or if we get to Jannah, we'll get to understand.

ALIve
05-23-2022, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the answers, it makes sense now. Jazakumullah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.