/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Alcohol forbidden in an Muslim's Home?

hemi
06-10-2022, 07:57 PM
ASSALAMUALAIKUM

Another point I need clarification on please: A 40yr old Muslim female friend has alcohol bottles in her house that she says belong to her nephews who themselves are both Muslim. I again having done my research from the KORAN and I said it is forbidden HARAM in Islamic law. Can you correct me if I am wrong and the female is right by allowing alcohol in her house as well as sharing the smoking of Cannabis with her nephews that she also seems to get somewhat flirtatious with one of her male nephews. Surely, Is all this HARAM?

Many thanks in advance to your input.
INSHALLAH.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-10-2022, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hemi
ASSALAMUALAIKUM

Another point I need clarification on please: A 40yr old Muslim female friend has alcohol bottles in her house that she says belong to her nephews who themselves are both Muslim. I again having done my research from the KORAN and I said it is forbidden HARAM in Islamic law. Can you correct me if I am wrong and the female is right by allowing alcohol in her house as well as sharing the smoking of Cannabis with her nephews that she also seems to get somewhat flirtatious with one of her male nephews. Surely, Is all this HARAM?

Many thanks in advance to your input.
INSHALLAH.
Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Yes Alcohol is totally forbidden as it is an abomination and called the Mother of all evils as it opens the doors of many other evils:

Al-Harith reported: Uthman (Ra), said, “Stay away from wine, for it is the mother of wickedness. By Allah, faith and addiction to wine cannot be combined but that one of them will eventually expel the other.” (al-Nasā’ī 5666)

Allah says: “Surely intoxicants, gambling, dedication of stones and divination by arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork, keep away (from them) so that you may prosper.” (Quran 5:90)

Allah has cursed the drinker of alcohol. It is narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (Ra) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah has cursed alcohol, the one who drinks it, the one who pours it, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one squeezes (the grapes, etc), the one for whom it is squeezed, the one who carries it and the one to whom it is carried.” Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/700.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) likened the one who is addicted to alcohol to one who worships idols. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (Ra) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who is addicted to alcohol is like one who worships an idol.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 3375

The one who is addicted to alcohol will be denied admission to Paradise. It was narrated from Abu’l-Darda’ (Ra) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “No one who is addicted to alcohol will enter Paradise.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah

Intoxicants like Cannabis are also haraam. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Every intoxicant is prohibited.” Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

And he (Allah bless him & give him peace) also said:

“That which intoxicates in large quantities is prohibited in small quantities.” (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and others, with a sound chain of narrators)

With regards to the sister flirting with her nephews upon being intoxicated then know what this sister is doing is very dangerous. If you cannot stop her by advising her then her family must be informed immediately, otherwise things may go from bad to worst, particularly as her young nephews are involved. So their family has a right to be informed as to what is going on so that they can put a stop to the evil this sister is committing and take her young nephews out of that situation.

hemi
06-11-2022, 05:44 AM
Shukran, for your input. That's has cleared my point up. I must add though, the nephews ages are 20 & 22 though and not younger.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.