/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that we receive the way we feel?

RevertTayra
06-30-2022, 07:18 PM
Salam,

I watched lessons where sheikh said that our Prophet (SAWS) said that we have content if we're content. And if we're not content, like if we're frustrated we receive more frustration.

I didn't find the hadith...

If it's true, does it mean that if you're happy you'll be happier, if you're in fear you'll have more fear? If you're sad, you're going to be more sad? It doesn't really resonate with the Sirah I read, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can someone explain this, but someone with knowledge? Don't give me links and inappropriate answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
07-01-2022, 11:55 PM
Peace be with you RevertTayra;

I agree that if you are already a fearful person, the next time something fearful happens, you will probably live in fear. The good news is that fear is a choice. There are other choices even though fear and worry might seem like the default position. You can pray for help in advance of the next fearful event in your life. Fear can be overcome with peace.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, I had non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment. I only made this prayer once, then my prayers were one of thanks for another day lived. I believe my peace and the lack of worry and stress helped my healing.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reasons to be thankful.

May Allah bless you with peace on your journey through life.
Eric

Murid
07-02-2022, 10:12 AM
:salam:

Abu al-‘Ala’ al-Shikhir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah tests His servant by giving to him. Whoever is content with what Allah has apportioned for him, Allah will bless him in it and expand it. Whoever is not content, he will not be blessed in it.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 20279

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

عَنْ أَبي الْعَلَاءِ بْنُ الشِّخِّيرِأَنَّ رَسُولَ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ أَنَّ اللهَ يَبْتَلِي عَبْدَهُ بِمَا أَعْطَاهُ فَمَنْ رَضِيَ بِمَا قَسَمَ اللهُ لَهُ بَارَكَ اللهُ لَهُ فِيهِ وَوَسَّعَهُ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَرْضَ لَمْ يُبَارِكْ لَهُ

20279 مسند أحمد بن حنبل

1658 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث إسناده صحيح على شرط مسلم في السلسلة الصحيحة

Ibn Abbas reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, used to supplicate, “O Allah, make me content with what You have provided for me, bless me in it, an appoint good for me in everything I do not have.”

Source: al-Daʻwāt al-Kabīr 242

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَدْعُو يَقُولُ اللَّهُمَّ قَنِّعْنِي بِمَا رَزَقْتَنِي وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ وَاخْلُفْ عَلَيَّ كُلَّ غَائِبَةٍ لِي بِخَيْرٍ

242 الدعوات الكبير باب جامع ما كان يدعو به النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ويأمر أن يدعى به

4/383 المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث حسن في الفتوحات الربانية

Al-Zubayr ibn Abdul Wahid reported: Abu al-Hasan Bunan, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “The freeman is a slave as long as he is greedy, and the slave is free as long as he is content.”

Source: Siyar A’lām al-Nubalā’ 11/300

عَنْ الزُّبَيْر بن عَبْدِ الوَاحِدِ قَالَ أَبُو الحَسَن بُنَان رحمه الله الحُرُّ عَبْدٌ مَا طَمِعَ وَالعَبْدُ حُرٌّ مَا قَنِعَ

11/300 سير أعلام النبلاء الذهبي

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever is pleased with Allah as a Lord, with Islam as a religion, and with Muhammad as a prophet, he must enter Paradise.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1884

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَنْ رَضِيَ بِاللَّهِ رَبًّا وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ نَبِيًّا وَجَبَتْ لَهُ الْجَنَّةُ

1884 صحيح مسلم كتاب الإمارة باب بيان ما أعده الله تعالى للمجاهد في الجنة من الدرجات

Fadalah ibn ‘Ubayd reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Blessed is one who is guided to Islam, whose livelihood is sufficient, and who is content.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2349

عَنْ فَضَالَةَ بْنِ عُبَيْدٍ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ طُوبَى لِمَنْ هُدِيَ إِلَى الْإِسْلَامِ وَكَانَ عَيْشُهُ كَفَافًا وَقَنَعَ

2349 سنن الترمذي كتاب الزهد باب ما جاء في الكفاف والصبر عليه

2349 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في صحيح الترمذي

Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “O Abu Dharr, do you say an abundance of possessions is wealth?” I said yes. The Prophet said, “Do you say a lack of possessions is poverty?” I said yes. The Prophet repeated this three times, then he said, “Wealth is in the heart and poverty is in the heart. Whoever is wealthy in his heart will not be harmed no matter what happens in the world. Whoever is impoverished in his heart will not be satisfied no matter how much he has in the world. Verily, he will only be harmed by the greed of his own soul.”

Source: al-Mu’jam al-Kabīr 2/154

عن أبي ذر قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَا أَبَا ذَرٍّ تَقُولُ كَثْرَةُ الْمَالِ الْغِنَى قُلْتُ نَعَمْ قَالَ تَقُولُ قِلَّةُ الْمَالِ الْفَقْرُ قُلْتُ نَعَمْ قَالَ ذَلِكَ ثَلاثًا ثُمَّ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ الْغِنَى فِي الْقَلْبِ وَالْفَقْرُ فِي الْقَلْبِ مَنْ كَانَ الْغِنَى فِي قَلْبِهِ لا يَضُرُّهُ مَا لَقِيَ مِنَ الدُّنْيَا وَمَنْ كَانَ الْفَقْرُ فِي قَلْبِهِ فَلا يُغْنِيهِ مَا أَكْثَرَ لَهُ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَإِنَّمَا يَضُرُّ نَفْسَهُ شُحُّها

2/154 المعجم الكبير للطبراني

7816 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في صحيح الجامع

RevertTayra
07-02-2022, 05:39 PM
@Murid thanks, but this we all know. I asked for a specific thing and still didn't get the answer. Was I not clear in the OP? I also said someone with knowledge... If you don't know the answer, then don't waste my time

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Murid
07-03-2022, 01:41 AM
:salam:

You should choose in future well the shaykhs and write well the hadith which you don't know.

It is not true, in general terms as you stated in the second part of the post and we are not creators or there is not law of attraction.

In can be understood in more specific terms, as in hadith above.

We are not encouraged to be too happy (like hedonism, drug use etc...) but to spend our time rationally productive, in ibadah and helping ourself and others (ibadah too if well niyyah).

Hamza Asadullah
07-03-2022, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RevertTayra
Salam,

I watched lessons where sheikh said that our Prophet (SAWS) said that we have content if we're content. And if we're not content, like if we're frustrated we receive more frustration.

I didn't find the hadith...

If it's true, does it mean that if you're happy you'll be happier, if you're in fear you'll have more fear? If you're sad, you're going to be more sad? It doesn't really resonate with the Sirah I read, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can someone explain this, but someone with knowledge? Don't give me links and inappropriate answers.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sister you stated you "watched lessons". Do you still have those recordings or are they publicly available so that you can link them here so that we can see from the recordings exactly what is meant, otherwise it will be difficult to ascertain exactly what you are referring to.

RevertTayra
07-03-2022, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sister you stated you "watched lessons". Do you still have those recordings or are they publicly available so that you can link them here so that we can see from the recordings exactly what is meant, otherwise it will be difficult to ascertain exactly what you are referring to.
Alaikumu salam brother, it was on REELs, pretty short (maybe 4-5 minutes max) and I lost it. I don't even know the name of this sheikh but he popped up to me many times that night.

After that, I googled a lot and couldn't find anything.

It sounded pretty much similar to what we think of Allah that's what we have.

Hamza Asadullah
07-03-2022, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RevertTayra
Alaikumu salam brother, it was on REELs, pretty short (maybe 4-5 minutes max) and I lost it. I don't even know the name of this sheikh but he popped up to me many times that night.

After that, I googled a lot and couldn't find anything.

It sounded pretty much similar to what we think of Allah that's what we have.
The following is the nearest I could find to what you have alluded to:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

إِنْ ظَنَّ بِي خَيْرًا فَلَهُ وَإِنْ ظَنَّ شَرًّا فَلَهُ

Allah says: If he thinks good of me, he will have it. And if he thinks evil of me, he will have it.

Musnad Aḥmad 8833, Grade: Sahih

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.