/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic/Muslim meanings for name

lizzy
07-07-2022, 06:16 PM
Assalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters! I am a revert and my side of the family is American. My late husband is Arab, and I want my daughter to have her name Arabic/Muslim to honor her Arab heritage. My late husband always had a fascination with the stars and astronomy. I'm planning to name her Stara ستارا, but I'm not sure of the meaning. I choose Stara because it's easy to pronounce/remember/write in English that has no religious connotation at all. Please let me know if there are any meanings for Stara ستارا ?Thanks in advance :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
07-08-2022, 05:46 AM
Walaikum Assalam sister,

ستارا pronounce as (Sitara) sounds like a urdu word to me which means star.
https://quranicnames.com/najmah/

Najmah نجمة in arabic, written as Najmah نجمہ in urdu which is a common name with arabic orgin . Do confirm with others before giving this name. There maybe other words as well for stars in arabic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.