/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Views on "adoption"

Euphorium
07-12-2022, 09:28 AM
Peace be upon you,
I was once discussing with an atheist about the general idea of having kids and he started arguing about overpopulation and that you can adopt an orphan instead of having your own kids to help the orphan and decrease overpopulation.
So I was wondering what the Islamic view is on why one would rather have their own children rather than adopt orphans.
Of course one should take into consideration, that adoption is forbidden in islam and one is only allowed to take custody of the child and raise them without changing their family name (and follow hijab rules when they hit puberty).

I'm asking because I personally would prefer to have my own children, but I couldn't exactly explain why, so I would like to know the Islamic views on the topic.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
07-12-2022, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Euphorium
Peace be upon you,
I was once discussing with an atheist about the general idea of having kids and he started arguing about overpopulation and that you can adopt an orphan instead of having your own kids to help the orphan and decrease overpopulation.
So I was wondering what the Islamic view is on why one would rather have their own children rather than adopt orphans.
Of course one should take into consideration, that adoption is forbidden in islam and one is only allowed to take custody of the child and raise them without changing their family name (and follow hijab rules when they hit puberty).

I'm asking because I personally would prefer to have my own children, but I couldn't exactly explain why, so I would like to know the Islamic views on the topic.
İnteresting topic...İ am also interested

SintoDinto
07-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Is Adoption Allowed or Haram In Islam? - Halal Guidance

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.