/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am very confused and don't know what to do.

Zafina
07-29-2022, 12:33 PM
Asalamalikum brothers and sisters. I am about to start my university but I'm very confused. I've chosen a subject because of pressure from my family saying it will be benefit me in the future. However I strongly feel like I want to study something different. But I'm very confused what to do. I'm afraid that even tho I might try my best I will still have this thought in the back of my mind.

I have been been praying and crying to Allah to help me yet I still feel as if idk what to do. I feel like on one understands me and they will just confuse me more. I'm afraid I might stay confused. Please help me if u can and thank you for listening. Jazakala khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
07-29-2022, 04:29 PM
:salam:

I would recommend you talking to yours parents about your concerns

You can finish your first degree then pursue ypur beloved another. Some study for years, have about 2-3 university MA diplomas, PHDs etc.
Ace your exams and make yours happy inshaAllah.

Eric H
07-29-2022, 10:02 PM
Peace be with you Zafina; and welcome to the forum,

Please ignore this if you do not feel it is right. I can understand your family putting you on a path to a good career. But if you do not pass the degree because you cannot fully understand or relate to their chosen subject, then you and your family will lose out out. It must be more beneficial to you and your family, if you pursue a subject you have more hope of succeeding at.

You can only pray to Allah for help to do his will.

May Allah bless you and your family through these testing times.
Eric

07-29-2022, 10:08 PM
Explain to them that it will be counter productive for you to take classes that you don’t want to take. Not only will it be a waste of time, but also a waste of money.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafina
07-30-2022, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid
:salam:

I would recommend you talking to yours parents about your concerns

You can finish your first degree then pursue ypur beloved another. Some study for years, have about 2-3 university MA diplomas, PHDs etc.
Ace your exams and make yours happy inshaAllah.

I have tried talking to them many times yet they do not agree. My father is very strict about studies and I know he means well. I know because of my parents Alhumdulliiah I can study university.

Jazakalkhair for your reply. I'm not sure if I might get another opportunity to study considering the finance and expense etc. But I will definitely try my best to get good grades . Ty for messaging .

Zafina
07-30-2022, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Peace be with you Zafina; and welcome to the forum,

Please ignore this if you do not feel it is right. I can understand your family putting you on a path to a good career. But if you do not pass the degree because you cannot fully understand or relate to their chosen subject, then you and your family will lose out out. It must be more beneficial to you and your family, if you pursue a subject you have more hope of succeeding at.

You can only pray to Allah for help to do his will.

May Allah bless you and your family through these testing times.
Eric

No , thank you you very much for messaging:statisfie
I understand completely what you are saying. I know the chosen subject is going to be difficult for me to study but InShahAah I intend to do my very best. I want to get good grades so I can help and support my family as they have done for me for years.

Given my family situation it is difficult for me to choose something of my own interest but I'm still praying to Allah.

Thank you and jazakalkhair for your reply :statisfie:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.