/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inheritance

Sushi
07-31-2022, 09:25 PM
My mum recently died and left me £300,000 in her will. I converted to Islam when I married in 2016. My wife says I shouldn’t accept the money as I was adopted. Any advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
08-01-2022, 03:38 AM
:salam:

Welcome to IslamicBoard. Was your foster mother a Muslim? From what I have read, adopted children do not inherit by right in Islam but can get up to 1/3rd of the inheritance if bequeathed in a will. Please see: Inheritance from non-Muslims - Islam Question & Answer (islamqa.info)

Do adoptive parents come under the same rulings as real parents? Can I look for my father? - Islam Question & Answer (islamqa.info)

The inheritance of adopted children - IslamQA

Pure Purple
08-01-2022, 06:28 AM
Walaikum Assalam
If your parents were non muslim you will not inherit from them.You are entitled to only one third of it only if they had made will for you.
Issue of inheritance is a complex issue.You should ask some scholar to get a proper evaluation of inheritance.
https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/428

Pure Purple
08-01-2022, 05:54 PM
For the muslim law of inheritance is same whether he lives in UK or Ksa. Yes there maybe some difference of opinion among scholar. This law of inheritance is not from ksa but from islam.

Accepting it not will cause enmity ? How can you explain.
Wearing burqa makes some people uncomfortable? So Muslims should stop it ?

Op already said he is adopted , reverted and mother died. So option of getting it as gift is not available. In both the cases he is not entitled to inheritance except 1/3rd of it If will was made by parents. But he needs to confirm it with some scholar .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
08-01-2022, 06:45 PM
It seems people here aren't bothering to read the linked Fatwas and are trying to push their own personal understanding of the issue.

Laws of the land are only followed in things not related to religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.