/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing animate beings in Islam

lambchops123
08-26-2022, 06:50 PM
Is it permitted in Islam to draw animate beings? I asked this question on Quora and one response was that drawing is allowed, only sculpting things is not allowed. I draw chicken styled stickers, which are 2d and are not realistic. As in, instead of a detailed eye, I draw a black dot, and instead of a proper curved beak with two 'bits' as in the top and bottom, I just draw a triangle. I also include other things, though, like the comb and wattles(red bits of a chicken) . Is this permitted, because technically the chicken would not be able to survive in real life the way it is drawn, for example I dont draw the nostrils. I draw them because I enjoy to and to post them online.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
08-26-2022, 07:09 PM
:salam:

Best is to ask local muftis to explain you in detail.

You should not go to extremes of one view without a proper research and finding out all the different Qursnic, hadith and sirah, fiqh, tafseer etc. references.

There are a narrations about dolls for childplay, and an analogy would be cartoons.

Ask muftis and do a lot of research.

irama
08-29-2022, 04:08 AM
Best to stay way from grey matters as well, and find some better hobbies.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7291...acial-features

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.