/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to fast during Ramadan if on holiday?

Mankind176
09-07-2022, 06:49 AM
I am planning my first ever (real) holiday next year and am looking to do it in March, as I work on a rotating shift schedule. I'm looking to travel to Israel, Jordan and Egypt + Red Sea (travelling throughout, I will not in the same place most days + possible un-normal heat temperatures for me as I live in the UK). March is best for me as coincidentally, It aligns best with my work shifts too (I work on a shift pattern so when booking holidays I can make the most of it + it's a little cheaper to book then at other months) and the duration I'm planning is just under a month but it falls under the entire Ramadan period.

Am I able to be exempt from fasting during this time? I will be visiting the holy sites as well etc and as it's in Ramadan it does suit but obviously ill be travelling most days (as well as, admittingly, not able to enjoy myself to the max)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wealthbuilder
09-07-2022, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mankind176
I am planning my first ever (real) holiday next year and am looking to do it in March, as I work on a rotating shift schedule. I'm looking to travel to Israel, Jordan and Egypt + Red Sea (travelling throughout, I will not in the same place most days + possible un-normal heat temperatures for me as I live in the UK). March is best for me as coincidentally, It aligns best with my work shifts too (I work on a shift pattern so when booking holidays I can make the most of it + it's a little cheaper to book then at other months) and the duration I'm planning is just under a month but it falls under the entire Ramadan period.

Am I able to be exempt from fasting during this time? I will be visiting the holy sites as well etc and as it's in Ramadan it does suit but obviously ill be travelling most days (as well as, admittingly, not able to enjoy myself to the max)
Assalamualaikum

If you are traveling and it's very difficult (like especially when you can't do saher because of traveling) to fast then its OK to not fast. But considering today's facilities like AC flights, AC Cabs, AC Rooms etc.. it's very easy to fast. Imagine, many Sahaba have worked in scorching heat of desert and were fasting. So there is no excuse to us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.