/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Calculus haram?

khawarij
09-14-2022, 10:34 AM
integrals can be solved by stating an infinitely large number of infinitely small riemansums, but since ONLY Allah swt is infinite, is solving them by this method haram?. This has been troubling me to the extent that it is hindering my studies. ive comeup with different ''halal''(?) methods such as solving the actual series for a large FINITE number of rieman summs and guessing based on the anwser i get what the real anwser is on the test. However this is very time consuming and sometimes not possible.
What should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
09-14-2022, 03:03 PM
I am wondering is this a real question by khawarij or just a spam?

- Qatada -
09-14-2022, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khawarij
integrals can be solved by stating an infinitely large number of infinitely small riemansums, but since ONLY Allah swt is infinite, is solving them by this method haram?. This has been troubling me to the extent that it is hindering my studies. ive comeup with different ''halal''(?) methods such as solving the actual series for a large FINITE number of rieman summs and guessing based on the anwser i get what the real anwser is on the test. However this is very time consuming and sometimes not possible.
What should i do?
Assalam alaykum

You can say that according to the physics of the world, these theories have some hypothetical basis.

Example: Energy (and matter) cannot be destroyed, it only changes form, always. (According to physics, this is correct in theory. But we know that Allah does create and destroy energy in the beginning and end.)

So you can say "According to the theory of physics..." (because you are explaining a material/scientific phenomenon.) But deep down you know that Allah is the Creator and in control of everything.

anatolian
09-14-2022, 07:07 PM
Allah gave us the mathmatics to understand some portion of His art.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
09-15-2022, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khawarij
What should i do?
I do not know whether your statement is true that ONLY Allah is infinite.
Yes, Allah created everything and there will be a point in time where it will be destroyed again...so in that sense, everything has a beginning and an end (so not infinite) but laws of nature, so physics and math tends to include a lot of infinities.

If you think about it, most formulae go to infinite. most lines in math, wheter straight, exponential or paraboles do not have a beginning nor an end.
For example the easiest formula y=5 is a horizontal line through point (0,5) without a beginning or an end. it is infinitely long.

or the amount of numbers between 0 and 1 is also infinite.

The spectrum of light has an infinite amount of frequencies.

etc.

does that mean that we cannot use science anymore?

I think not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.