/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dream interpretation

Jmarie
09-30-2022, 02:31 PM
I have been struggling with religion my whole life. Which did i agree with, which is right way to worship. This lead me to endless questions I feel I cannot answer. For years now I have continued to have dreams where I am being overcome by some form of harm and each time in these dreams I scream for Allah and I am instantly saved, the dream ends and I wake up. Once in a dream I recited something in arabic that I do not know in my waking life, I dont speak arabic. My question is what could this mean from an islamic view? What would the Islamic interpretation of this reoccurring dream theme be?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Hello Jmarie and welcome to the forum,

Dream interpretation is a skill that only people of knowledge and experience can offer. Have you looked into Islam and considered becoming a Muslim? Ask God to guide you and open your heart to the truth.

Eric H
10-01-2022, 12:18 AM
Peace be with you Jmarie, and welcome to the forum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Jmarie
I have continued to have dreams where I am being overcome by some form of harm and each time in these dreams I scream for Allah and I am instantly saved,
If you are very clear in your mind that you scream for Allah, and Allah saves you. Then I would suggest the message is, you should search for Allah. Allah chooses whom he wills.

This is only my opinion, I don't interpret dreams. I am a Christian, but I know that God acts in profound and mysterious ways that are beyond our understanding.

May Allah bless you on your journey through life,
Eric

Jmarie
10-01-2022, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Dream interpretation is a skill that only people of knowledge and experience can offer. Have you looked into Islam and considered becoming a Muslim? Ask God to guide you and open your heart to the truth.
I definitely have, as I mentioned religion has been a struggle for me but as time has gone by it seems I'm somehow brought back to Islam. When I think about God I think about everything Islam has taught me. I wasn't brought up as a Muslim but it feel natural to me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jmarie
10-01-2022, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

If you are very clear in your mind that you scream for Allah, and Allah saves you. Then I would suggest the message is, you should search for Allah. Allah chooses whom he wills.

This is only my opinion, I don't interpret dreams. I am a Christian, but I know that God acts in profound and mysterious ways that are beyond our understanding.

Eric
Thank you.

- Qatada -
10-01-2022, 02:42 PM
Allah says:

"And when My servants ask you about Me - then I am near. I RESPOND to the caller WHEN HE CALLS ME.

But let them also respond to Me, and believe in Me so they are guided. (Quran 2:186)

"I respond":
https://youtu.be/wqLgnO6tx_Y

Jmarie
10-01-2022, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Allah says:

"And when My servants ask you about Me - then I am near. I RESPOND to the caller WHEN HE CALLS ME.

But let them also respond to Me, and believe in Me so they are guided. (Quran 2:186)

"I respond":
https://youtu.be/wqLgnO6tx_Y
Wow, thank you for that.

Murid
10-01-2022, 05:43 PM
:salam:

I would advise that you ask Allah during waking hours for everything you need, thank Him, and to ask him to forgive you past sins, guide you and protect you.

It is not that easy to be an open ex hindu convert. You should watch your safety too.

You can read a lot and learn (along with prayers for guidence, increasing knowledge, wisdom...).

Jmarie
10-01-2022, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric
I agree

- Qatada -
10-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Allah says:

"My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so ask guidance from Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so ask food from Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so ask clothing from Me and I shall clothe you.

O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so ask forgiveness from Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it.

O My servants, it is your deeds that I reckon up for you and then pay you back for, so let him who finds good, praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that, blame no one but himself."

-(Hadith Qudsi)

Jmarie
10-02-2022, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid

I would advise that you ask Allah during waking hours for everything you need, thank Him, and to ask him to forgive you past sins, guide you and protect you.

It is not that easy to be an open ex hindu convert. You should watch your safety too.

You can read a lot and learn (along with prayers for guidence, increasing knowledge, wisdom...).
I was raised catholic but never agreed or felt comfortable with the church amd some of the practices and beliefs. This spurred my interest in other religions because I wanted to find what I felt was the right way to worship for myself. I studied Buddhism, hinduism and was later introduced to Islam. I stuck with hinduism for a little but it doesn't feel right and no matter the back and forth I've been through there's always something that happens in my life that takes me right back to Islam. Which I'm happy for. About safety, I have had a lot of first hand experiences with people being aggressive, threatening and just blunt ignorance and racism especially after everything that's happened in the US. The backlash I have faced undoubtedly played part in my withdrawing because I received it both in amd outside my home. So you're right being open and I do ask throughout my day for guidance and support. I'm just reaching a point in my life now where I'm finally letting go of my own ego and leaving everything to Allah. All I can do is try to be a good person and ask to be guided. I think it has taken a long time but I'm finally where I need to be in order to follow the right path. You know it's like a child who wants to ride a bike without training wheels, they rush into it and fall and hurt themselves out of pure stubbornness until they realize that they need the training wheels to learn and they put them on and are grateful for not falling anymore. If that makes any sense. I use a lot of metaphors.

Murid
10-03-2022, 07:45 PM

Watch yourself well and read mornings snd evenings duas for protection. Read duas from hisn al muslim or momin ka hatyaar english translation.

Sadly, some catholics were very cruel in older and recent history, like spanish cleansing of Muslims and Jews, inquisition, WW2, Bosnian wars, for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate...he_Bosnian_War

Watch yourself well, because some are almost acting and doing as a paramilitary/parapolice organisations, using every means in very perfid manners, planned, joint and both in short and long terms of execution, not to say what they would do to a convert. They are many and you are alone. They like stealth and longer term modes the best. It is common for them also to use sihr and ayn/hasad.

It is hard to prove, but such people do exist, even portrayed on mass media with some cases/organisations.

They love, because of recent popular support to present themself as victims viceversa.

Muslims are suffering in catholic majorities, especially where there were wars and where greater minority.

Where catholics are minority, they will say muslims oppress them or majorise them, but their politics, for example in EU are at least 10x more protected and outspoken.

They have religious relicts in every public institution in regions wgere they are majority(hopitals, posts, institutions of every kind...) and outcry that they are oppressed.

For example they recently want self autonomy despite the war crimes in Bosnia.

We must get our relationship with Allah better, for example with nawafil ibadah, with great efforts and everything will be better with His support and protection.

Jmarie
10-03-2022, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Murid

Watch yourself well and read mornings snd evenings duas for protection. Read duas from hisn al muslim or momin ka hatyaar english translation.

Sadly, some catholics were very cruel in older and recent history, like spanish cleansing of Muslims and Jews, inquisition, WW2, Bosnian wars, for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate...he_Bosnian_War

Watch yourself well, because some are almost acting and doing as a paramilitary/parapolice organisations, using every means in very perfid manners, planned, joint and both in short and long terms of execution, not to say what they would do to a convert. They are many and you are alone. They like stealth and longer term modes the best. It is common for them also to use sihr and ayn/hasad.

It is hard to prove, but such people do exist, even portrayed on mass media with some cases/organisations.

They love, because of recent popular support to present themself as victims viceversa.

Muslims are suffering in catholic majorities, especially where there were wars and where greater minority.

Where catholics are minority, they will say muslims oppress them or majorise them, but their politics, for example in EU are at least 10x more protected and outspoken.

They have religious relicts in every public institution in regions wgere they are majority(hopitals, posts, institutions of every kind...) and outcry that they are oppressed.

For example they recently want self autonomy despite the war crimes in Bosnia.

We must get our relationship with Allah better, for example with nawafil ibadah, with great efforts and everything will be better with His support and protection.

Yes, where I love is predominantly Hispanic and Catholic but I think we have a decent sized Muslim community but that might be due to it being a big city. I haven't had any positive reactions outside of the Muslim community so it can be hard as a convert to feel comfortable I think. I will add that because I'm at home almost all the time I don't have a circle of friends anymore to make the transition easier so my personal experience is a much more secluded one. It's terrible that we live in such a modern time yet religious persecution still triumphs. I often blame those on the influence made by political and religious propaganda but the truth is that it stems from the weakness in humans and compassion is something that severely lacks in the right places and in the people we need it to exist in.

muslimx
11-08-2022, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

As he said this is a skill only the knowledgeable can get into.

I am sorry this is a bit graphic but your story reminded me of this story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lj1ey7RMpQ

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.