/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I let shaytan control my mind today

RevertTayra
10-17-2022, 02:45 PM
:sl:

Read my story carefully for there's good wisdom in it. PLEASE don't respond to this thread with what I should recite - that's not the point of this thread.

Today I let shaytan control my mind. It was a moment of unawareness...

He made me believe that I'm destined for Jahannam and that there was no sense in trying anything anymore. I saw myself as the worst person walking the Earth, worthless, unwanted, and misery to others... So I had 2 options to choose: 1 to kill myself or 2 to live this life as it's the only life I have, but he was more in favor of me committing suicide as soon as possible.

These thoughts lasted for a couple of hours and I was aware of the fact it was shaytan controlling my mind and I agreed with him that I'm lost case.

Then, I decided to read Quran and see what happens to my mind. Of course, these dark thoughts left me and now I see clearly. The wisdom behind this is following:

1. Worshipping Allah is the main activity on a daily basis, and not work/study/earning money - So don't say: when I'm done with my work I'll recite Quran, make dhikr, make salaat... it's the other way around. Ibadah is not for spare time, everything else except ibadah is for spare time, including your work, kids, family, friends...
2. Spending a lot of time with the Quran makes your improvements in much shorter times
3. Doing more salaat instead of doing extra dhikir is way better and more powerful

These 3 things shaytan didn't like me realizing and implementing, so had attacked me with the darkest possible thoughts I've ever had in my life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
10-17-2022, 05:22 PM
:salam:

Interesting topic, but, we must find balance and not neglect dunya work as you can, and some do so, give say 1/3 earned money for sadaqa or donation to family, friends, local community, local poors, and broader.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said “Sadaqah extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire” (Hadith, Tirmidhi). He also said that Allah offers relief on the Day of Judgement for those who give sadaqa: “The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be their charity” (Hadith, Tirmidhi).

muslimx
11-09-2022, 04:43 AM
Welp, so here are my take on this issue.

Firstly,
Worshipping Allah is the main activity on a daily basis, and not work/study/earning money - So don't say: when I'm done with my work I'll recite Quran, make dhikr, make salaat... it's the other way around. Ibadah is not for spare time, everything else except ibadah is for spare time, including your work, kids, family, friends...
So many Muslims think that there are some acts that are under the category of worship while others arent.
Umm... nope. The concept of Ibadah isnt limited to just praying Salah, fasting etc etc.

As is evident from this Hadeeth.
Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "Your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, commanding good and forbidding evil is charity, your giving directions to a man lost in the land is charity for you. Your seeing for a man with bad sight is a charity for you, your removal of a rock, a thorn or a bone from the road is charity for you. Your pouring what remains from your bucket into the bucket of your brother is charity for you."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1956

There are more than one way to worship, thinking Ibabah is limited to only reading Quran, praying Salah, or fasting couldnt be far from truth.
This is just an example, there are countless stuff which are considered charity which is an act of worship.

Secondly:
2. Reinforce your Quran reading with the Hadeeths as well. As thats where the true gems are. Hadeeths are the "how" and "what" to the "why" of the Quran.

Thirdly:
You arent wrong. But Daleel is needed for clarifying that point.
Bc there are dhikr that Prophet (Peace be upon him) had specifically recommend for specific times. Like when he(peace be upon him) taught the Dhikr ritual before sleeping to his daughter and Ali (May Allah be pleased with both of them).

Also, may Allah grant you cure from the waswas.

Ghost1987
11-28-2022, 08:59 AM
Bismillah

Satan wants us to give up hope in Allah
And lose all belief in hope in Allah

Never give up hope in Allah

Allah is forgiving merciful

Yes if you allow whispers of shaytan to make you depressed then you will be hurt...

But just ignore shaytan whispers to keep you feeling that way...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A.R.BRahimbaksh
11-30-2022, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RevertTayra
:sl:

Read my story carefully for there's good wisdom in it. PLEASE don't respond to this thread with what I should recite - that's not the point of this thread.

Today I let shaytan control my mind. It was a moment of unawareness...

He made me believe that I'm destined for Jahannam and that there was no sense in trying anything anymore. I saw myself as the worst person walking the Earth, worthless, unwanted, and misery to others... So I had 2 options to choose: 1 to kill myself or 2 to live this life as it's the only life I have, but he was more in favor of me committing suicide as soon as possible.

These thoughts lasted for a couple of hours and I was aware of the fact it was shaytan controlling my mind and I agreed with him that I'm lost case.

Then, I decided to read Quran and see what happens to my mind. Of course, these dark thoughts left me and now I see clearly. The wisdom behind this is following:

1. Worshipping Allah is the main activity on a daily basis, and not work/study/earning money - So don't say: when I'm done with my work I'll recite Quran, make dhikr, make salaat... it's the other way around. Ibadah is not for spare time, everything else except ibadah is for spare time, including your work, kids, family, friends...
2. Spending a lot of time with the Quran makes your improvements in much shorter times
3. Doing more salaat instead of doing extra dhikir is way better and more powerful

These 3 things shaytan didn't like me realizing and implementing, so had attacked me with the darkest possible thoughts I've ever had in my life.
Assalam walikum warahmatullah e wa barakhatuhu,

Mashallah . It is shaytan's work . It's happening everyday . Mostly when shaytan does like this to me then I use it against shaytan . How? Firstly,I agree with him ,yes you are right I am worst person or believer and then in my thoughts I said to him that I should pray or should worship more to become a better believer , because we are competing each other who can be a best believer . It is our examinations . I should practice more , believe me , it helps alot . Because I use it as a positive site. Most of the time ,when it is Salah times so I feel very much tired I knoelw that it is because of Shaytan . Again firstly I agreed with him ,yes you are right I am very much tired then I said to him . I think that he is in front of me I said to him that I am tired and I should pray now it will be good because Allah will say that see my slave she is very much tired and still she offering prayer he will be more happy with me . These kinds of tricks help me a lot . Really !
Sorry , the purpose of this thread is not that what should you do . It is because I want to share it with you guys that we can control him and decive shaytan .

Jazakoum Allahou khairen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.