/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to approach a new mosque or Imam for the first time

kit91
10-18-2022, 02:31 PM
I took shahada years ago but alas there is no mosque in my town so I've never been. I'm desperate to try new mosques meet other muslims and connect with an Imam. The community I converted in was a revert community that fell apart. Most of the congregation where older teens and early twenties and they left each for there own reasons. We had no mosque I was the eldest and functioned as the community leader and Imam with the understanding that I was uneducated and just a prayer leader I want some one I can learn under before I go back to a leadership position. Should I call first?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-21-2022, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kit91
I took shahada years ago but alas there is no mosque in my town so I've never been. I'm desperate to try new mosques meet other muslims and connect with an Imam. The community I converted in was a revert community that fell apart. Most of the congregation where older teens and early twenties and they left each for there own reasons. We had no mosque I was the eldest and functioned as the community leader and Imam with the understanding that I was uneducated and just a prayer leader I want some one I can learn under before I go back to a leadership position. Should I call first?
Assalamu Alaikum,

There's nothing special that you must do. I'd say go to the biggest mosque near you as usually they'd have the most resources to help you. Otherwise, just approach after prayer time during the day and tell your story. You can always call and ask for info as well, but if it's a smaller mosque they may not have people who handle phone calls or office duty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.