/* */

View Full Version : Listening to the Qur’an while working?

A.H.K.
11-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Hello,
I’m not sure if anyone can help me with this question - but it’s worth a try!
So, a couple days ago, I was working on something that required me to think. I hate working in silence, so I clicked open some music, but then I thought that I should listen to something else, so I opened up Surah Yaseen. I listened to a couple ayats, but then I thought, aren’t you supposed to listen and pay attention when the Qur’an is playing? So I turned it off. Then I thought that the 99 Names of Allah is so soothing to me, so is okay to play those? Please help!

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bintabdulnoor
11-02-2022, 04:04 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته أختي

According to majority of the scholars, it is a highly recommended to listen and pay attention when Holy Qur'an is being recited. However, it is an obligation in Hanafi madhab.

For more information: https://seekersguidance.org/answers/...h-other-tasks/

Hence, it would be better to listen to something else that is halal.

And there is nothing wrong in listening to The 99 Names of Allah as long as it does not contain music.

جَزاكَ اللهُ خَـيْراً

A.H.K.
11-03-2022, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bintabdulnoor
And there is nothing wrong in listening to The 99 Names of Allah as long as it does not contain music.
Thanks for the link. May I ask why not music… as a minor I unfortunately don’t have a lot of Islamic knowledge.

bintabdulnoor
11-04-2022, 09:31 AM
Music is haram in accordance to all four madhabs and most of the scholars.

Narrated by Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari (رضي الله عنه‎): He heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful." [Sahih al-Bukhari 5590]

However, Duff is excluded from this prohibition though there are some differences in opinion on who can and when it can be played.

For a much more detailed information: https://seekersguidance.org/answers/...o-music-haram/

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimx
11-09-2022, 11:00 AM
There are a range of Nasheeds available in youtube, find one that resonates with you.
As Nasheeds are halal, there wouldnt be any issue regarding music.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.