/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sihr witchcraft

B1998
11-12-2022, 10:36 PM
Salam Aleikum my brothers and sisters.

I come here for advice. My mother had a husband but they have been arguing for a year now and no contact. Lately I have seen my mother doing rituals in the house. We live in Europe but she comes from Morocco and it is pretty common there. She melts lead in one pot and then throws it into another pot below her (on the floor). The pot on the floor sometimes has a picture of her husband in the water with nothing written on it, or his sweater is under the pot. When I was 12 we went on a vacation to Morocco as every summer. One time we went to a farm and they would throw molten lead between my feet in the water. My mom told me it was to break the sihr. On the lead she writes something and it looks like Arabic letters, she told me she writes the Quran. I can't read Arabic so couldn't confirm this myself.
She also often cooks something for hours on the stove, telling me not to turn off the gas or open the pot. In addition, she also burns candles with Arabic letters or I have found things in the house in bags or cut cloths from a fabric.
I don't want to blame my mom for things and hope it's not true. I have often tried to talk to my mother and say it is not right and has nothing to do with Islam.
I am looking for a house for myself because this really affects my mental health and can’t live like this almost everyday but I do not want contact with her if she is engaged in such practices (sihr). That gives me fear for the future. Islam says that you should not break contact with your mother. I don't know what to think rn. Thank you in advance and may Allah reward you greatly Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Murid
11-12-2022, 11:46 PM
:salam:

Do not be afraid of it.

Focus on positivity and on yourself.

There are helpful books, like The Book of Assistance by Imam al Haddad.

Maintain daily wirid from like Hisn al Muslim and Momin ka hatyaar English, salawat, kalima tamjid, estegfar and other.

It is interesting that in the above book it is narrated "Who has no wird is a qird". Interestingly if you change qird for qidr you get a soucepan!

Be kind to your mother and treat her with respect.

Give a best example with proper wird and show her in practice that it is more powerful than soucing. She may follow.

Nur80
11-17-2022, 03:53 PM
I bought a very beneficial book on this subject recently: The Jinn and Human Sickness

It has lots of advice and duas that you can recite and help you to cope with this trial and stay strong in your eemaan inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.