/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about sales (working in software house)

Abdullahiftikha
12-01-2022, 02:10 AM
ASSALAM O ALAIKUM
Just wanted to ask you that as I'm a muslim ALHUMDULILLAH

1) Is it halaal to work in a software house where we're providing authentic services and not scamming people

2) As a graphic designer we have to design various types of things mascot cartoon etc as we are only providing them in digital form is it ok or its forbidden

3) In sales department we call abroad in UK US and tell our name as (jacon jhon etc) and our real name is Ibrahim, Abdullah or kareem is it ok or are we doing sin please clerify as im very much worried

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A.R.BRahimbaksh
12-01-2022, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahiftikha
ASSALAM O ALAIKUM
Just wanted to ask you that as I'm a muslim ALHUMDULILLAH

1) Is it halaal to work in a software house where we're providing authentic services and not scamming people

2) As a graphic designer we have to design various types of things mascot cartoon etc as we are only providing them in digital form is it ok or its forbidden

3) In sales department we call abroad in UK US and tell our name as (jacon jhon etc) and our real name is Ibrahim, Abdullah or kareem is it ok or are we doing sin please clerify as im very much worried

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR
Walikum assalam warahmatullah e wa barakhatuhu,.
As you said you do graphic design and sometimes develop cartoons because they resemble creatures so it's not okay.
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar: Allah's Apostle said, Those who make these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them. 'Make alive what you have created.'
Book : sahih Al bukhari
Hadith: 5951
Narrated Abu Zur'a: l entered a house in Medina with Abu Huraira, and he saw a man making pictures at the top of the house. Abu Huraira said, I heard Allah's Apostle saying that Allah said, 'Who would be more unjust than the one who tries to create the like of My creatures? Let them create a grain: let them create a gnat.' Abu Huraira then asked for a water container and washed his arms up to his armpits. I said, 0 Abu i Huraira! Is this something you have heard I from Allah's Apostle? He said, The limit for ablution is up to the place where the ornaments will reach on the Day of Resurrection.
Book: sahih Al bukhari
Hadith: 5953
I hope you understand and you can find you answer.
Jazak Allah khairen

Abdullahiftikha
12-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Sir we are designing digitally not on hard copy we are not drawing on paper but on computer
Can u please clerify im so worried

And please tell me about my other questions please

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

A.R.BRahimbaksh
12-02-2022, 05:40 PM
Sir we are designing digitally not on hard copy we are not drawing on paper but on computer
Can u please clerify im so worried

And please tell me about my other questions please

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR
No it is not a sin : you know what is sin : an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. So is there anything which is going against him .
There are many things that we design or to draw they should be sin yes ? No they are not sin . For example we want to build a house first we create design. So, building house is not a sin. The clothes ,the designer make the designs first . Yes or no? Is it a sin ? No .leave these things and try to understand that for our future we also created our mind these all the ideas e and thigs are present in our mind like a Design . In your imagination things are also drawn is it a sin. There are many things .
The only way an art is 'haram' is when the artist tries to make the copy of the living individual and can't make the exact copy and spoils it.
And spoiling Allah's created living soul is not a good deed. as the translation of ayath, it shows to be the claim of Allah creating the creation that nobody can create and it's a fact
But, it doesn't suggest anything about not using the skills that the human have.
The person with narration is repenting because ,the person who came to him ,has no others source of food .
And third answer is . You should not tell lie . Why are you hiding your name? Why are you not telling your real name? Because you are a Muslim ? .
Narrated Abu Hurairah:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) passed a man who was selling grain. He asked him: How are you selling? He informed him. Revelation them came down to him saying: "Put your hand into it." So he put his hand into it, and felt that it was damp. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) then said: "He who deceives has nothing to do with us."
When a believer utters a lie without a valid excuse, he is cursed by seventy thousand angels. Such a stench emanates from his heart that it reaches the sky and because of this single lie Allah writes for him a sin equivalent to that of committing seventy fornications, the least of which is fornication with one’s mother."
Al-Bukhari (6094) and Muslim (2607) narrated that Ibn Mas‘ud (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I enjoin you to be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man may continue to tell the truth and endeavour to be truthful until he is recorded with Allah as a speaker of truth. And beware of lying, for lying leads to wickedness and wickedness leads to Hell. A man may continue to tell lies and endeavour to tell lies, until he is recorded with Allah as a liar.”
A tradition from the Holy Prophet (S) declares,

“Beware I inform you regarding the greatest of the mortal sins: Associating anything with Allah, disobeying parents and lying!”1
Mashallah you have degree . You can also make application and other software like website. I suggest that you shouldn't make or draw cartoons they resemble humans .
And if it is important for you then you should try to make less than less cartoons.
6 years ago ,when I was 10 drawing was my fashion and skatching was only the game that I played . I don't like anything except skatching. It was my life . But when I read this Hadith about making pictures then I repented. It was the biggest sacrifice . For 4 days I was in coma. At that day ,it was not only about the sacrificing of drawing for me . It took everything from me my happiness. But still I don't want to do it . Because it was my fashion not profession .
If you are doing it for you fashion the you shouldn't draw cartoons you can shose anything else .
If you feel bad,I am sorry.
Jazaka Allah khairen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullahiftikha
12-02-2022, 06:54 PM
No worries I don't feel bad at all but i just want to clerify some things which I am worried of I hope I am not wasting your time<br><br>just try to under stand my question and please reply to the point ive understood many things ALHUMDULILLAH just wanted to make myself more clear<br><br>so I am a graphic designer in Pakistan i design logos, broucher, mockups, mascot logos, vector potraits etc all this in a software called adobe illustrator. I don't do sketching or drawing on paper all my work is done on computer. As all this work is done digitally on computer so is it haraam on computer as well or as i've heard that its only haram if u are sketching or drawing on paper.<br><br><br>please answer this as well<br>its company's requirement to say our name different for clients ease so that they dont freak out by hearing our muslim name and we are not scamming them and giving them what they need if they dont like it we refund there money we just tell them our pseudo name until they are comfortable with us after that sometimes we tell them our real name some times we dont its like we use our nickname.<br>so in this case is this ok or not&nbsp;<br>i hope i'll get a satisfying answer&nbsp;<br>and if you guys have any contact number or i can contact anyone regarding this ill be very thankful to you.<br><br>im really worried about this as someone told me recently about all this<br><br>

Muhammad
12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
wa alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR
With regards to such questions it is better to direct them to a scholar who can give you a detailed answer. Unfortunately we are not qualified to give a fatwa.

format_quote Originally Posted by A.R.BRahimbaksh
The only way an art is 'haram' is when the artist tries to make the copy of the living individual and can't make the exact copy and spoils it.
We need to be careful of giving fatwa and declaring something as being allowed or forbidden in Islam without knowledge. Scholars have mentioned that the reason for the prohibition on image-making is imitating the creation of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. There could be other reasons also, and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.

Abdullahiftikha
12-03-2022, 03:46 PM
I am not sayingbto guve fatwa just wanted to know about this so i can make things right anyways thanks for all the help really appreciate your response JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

A.R.BRahimbaksh
12-03-2022, 03:48 PM
I am not sayingbto guve fatwa just wanted to know about this so i can make things right anyways thanks for all the help really appreciate your response JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Wa iyyak

Did you get your answer?

Abdullahiftikha
12-03-2022, 04:56 PM
I got most of the help but i think i should head to Darul iftah so that i can get all my answers thanks for the help really appreciate your help you guys are amazing cleared my most doubta and this platform is blessing thanks for everything

MAY ALLAH SWT BLESS YOU GUYS AND THIS PLATFORM AMEEN
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.