/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I still getting sins for smut I wrote a long time ago and repented for?

User282988
12-06-2022, 02:48 PM
I don’t want to expose my sins but I’m in need of help as I recently heard that bad deeds can continue after death. I used to write romance with sexual scenes for a large following but stopped a long time ago and sincerely repented. The stories are still up for people to see but to take them down requires a lot of work and weeks worth of time as this is writing is a job and not just a hobby. I assumed that once I repented I’d be forgiven and I wouldn’t get the sin anymore, but now I’m worried. Please help. Am I still getting sins for things I did in the past?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bintabdulnoor
12-12-2022, 02:07 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته أختي

Considering the fact that your writing would be a way of acquiring sin for others, you would also be bearing the sin.
Since it is a job, the money acquired is unlawful too.

So, it is better to take down the stories in whatever way you can.
And the money should be given away for public services or charity.

May Allah forgive all our sins. آمین

For more information: https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/23...-an-itunes-app

جَزاكَ اللهُ خَـيْراً

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.