/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kaaba reconstruction question

Jeff E
12-07-2022, 07:48 AM
I see many models of the Kaaba on the internet and was wondering what level of reconstruction would be haram if at all. If there was to be a completely accurate reproduction of the Kaaba in China would that be acceptable or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
12-07-2022, 08:18 AM
That is a very good question. I must admit I do not know.

My first hunch would be that the Kaaba is inanimate. So it should be OK to make a replica of it.

Some side information:
The Kaaba is a human made structure...and it is rebuild several times throughout the history.
So the building itself (used stone, wood, bricks, etc) has zero religious value. Theoretically it could be totally stripped down and be rebuilt.
The important parts of the Kaaba are:
-its exact location
-the black cornerstone al-Ḥajaru al-Aswad.

So, making an exact replica wouldn't be that dramatic would be my guess, because It would be just a replica of a building.
It starts to become a different story when people start to pray towards it...that would be haram of course.

Again, this is just my own thoughts...I am not an expert on this.

Nitro Zeus
12-08-2022, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jeff E
I see many models of the Kaaba on the internet and was wondering what level of reconstruction would be haram if at all. If there was to be a completely accurate reproduction of the Kaaba in China would that be acceptable or not?
No no no,

First of all, Kaaba it is most sacred holy site which Allah has chosen Makkah to be it’s official location.

To answer your hypothetical question: it is impossible to make another Kaaba anywhere around the world. You know why? Because, Allah Almighty has obliged mankind and Jinnkind to offer 5 daily prayers while facing Makkah. Allah didn’t even allowed for another Kaaba, why? Because, that will create to us big confusion as in “in which direction we should pray if there are 2 Kaabas” you get what I mean?

And besides, why would anyone need to make a 2nd Kaaba anywhere? I don’t see the point of this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.