/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is pentagram really Islamic symbol?

RevertTayra
12-14-2022, 09:34 PM
I was googling why the Moroccan flag has a pentagram and found this wikipedia article, where it says that pentagram represents the seal of Solomon and 5 pillars of Islam.

Is it true? Why is it then understood worldwide as the devil's symbol? Because of Solomon? Is that why witchcraft uses it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Morocco

Another article - https://touringinmorocco.com/morocca...s-and-history/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
12-15-2022, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RevertTayra
I was googling why the Moroccan flag has a pentagram and found this wikipedia article, where it says that pentagram represents the seal of Solomon and 5 pillars of Islam.

Is it true? Why is it then understood worldwide as the devil's symbol? Because of Solomon? Is that why witchcraft uses it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Morocco

Another article - https://touringinmorocco.com/morocca...s-and-history/

It seems like both the pentagram as the hexagram (star of david) have something to do with the seal of Suleyman (as), controlling jinns and sihr.
I think that is why the western world associates the pentagram with the devil.

anatolian
12-16-2022, 06:11 PM
Devil doesnt have a symbol. It is people who attribute symbols to him. As for stars, they are created by Allah. If they are a symbol, they are the symbol of Allah’s creation in my opinion.

Islam did not have a symbol until Turks and crescent and star were national symbols of Turks. After we converted to Islam we used them as symbols of Islam and other Muslims adopted it as well. Five cornered star is the most used version of a star symbol so many Muslim nations used it on their flags.

Labayk
12-16-2022, 10:50 PM
"And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Hārūt and Mārūt. But they [i.e., the two angels] do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]."1 And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allāh. And they [i.e., people] learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But they [i.e., the Children of Israel] certainly knew that whoever purchased it [i.e., magic] would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew." (al-Baqarah: 102)

This symbol and the evil associated with it is attributed to Suleiman ('Alahis Salaam) but he is free of it. The jews of before and today attribute the evil of magic and sihr to Suleiman but he is innocent. Wa Allahu 'Alim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karl
12-16-2022, 10:52 PM
The five pointed star is satanic if it is upside down and so is the upside down cross. But generally the cross and all the stars and swastikas are ancient pagan symbols.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.