/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Sin and Mistake

Raisdar
12-29-2022, 05:21 PM
I have always got confused when it comes to understanding Sin and Mistake in Islam. Are both the same or are both different? Will Allah forgive a person who does sin or who does mistake? Although i could get a bit of my of confusion cleared when my friend shared a website with me. However, after reading that website topic deeply, i am coming up with many new questions. I just want a simple clarification from you guys to understand the difference between Sin and Mistake with pure reference from Quran and Hadith. Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bintabdulnoor
12-31-2022, 09:52 AM
Sin and mistake could be differentiated by considering sin as something done deliberately and mistake as otherwise.

SIN
Sins can be differentiated into two: minor and major. But minor or major, a Muslim should avoid all sins and repent for the sins he had committed.
For a detailed view: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.isl.../fatwa/305404/

MISTAKE
Mistakes are pardoned and the person bears no sin for this.
For example, if you hurt someone unintentionally.
For more defined answer: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.isl.../fatwa/358213/

As to the question whether Allah will forgive a person who does a mistake or sin, Allah is the Most Merciful and the Most Forgiving.
Upon sincere repentance and seeking forgiveness, no matter how grave the sin was, Allah will forgive you.

جزاك الله خيرًا

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.