/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women's Career in Islam and Husband's role in this regard!!

Areej
02-08-2023, 06:34 PM
About women's career in Islam and Husband's role in this matter.

I'm 23 year old girl, I've fiancé we plan to get married but there are certain things that tend to go wrong between us and I'm not sure what Islam has to say about this.
I'have been a good and hardworking student and I've achieved many distinctions and awards and certificates and I'm about to go onto practical journey and I've bright career ahead, but my to be husband was not comfortable about this all along and at first I thought maybe I'll choose him over my career and it's a good thing in Islam to listen and obey to your husband he's the one dominating and making decisions about the household.
But lately his behavior has changed a lot, he's most of the time angry yelling at me and he tries to emphasize the position and respect and dominance of husband in Islam. He says words like I'm not going to follow you naa I'm not going to be your puppet and in the end it'll be my call if I allow you to continue your career and establish your career and asks me to keep little hopes in this regard, he says there's only 1% chance if any. And the way he put forth thes words feels so disrespectful.
I always said to him I allow you to make a decision and I know you'll make a good decision but lately the way and manner in Which he says these things makes me loose my mind and say words back to him, he says job is not allowed and good for a women in Islam anyway so you're wrong in this whole situation, I've the decision making power after I'm your husband.
I want to know opinions of you guys and tell me the facts and reference from Quran and Hadith in this regards.
What I should do who is Right and wrong in this situation in the light of Islam.
I want to clarify it's not much about my career that I'm worried about but his behavior and manner of putting forward his statements, I want him to be gentle and polite if he want to refrain me from doing job stuff.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
02-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Walaikum Assalam sister
Well islam clearly defines roll of a wife and husband.Women can work if she is following all the guidelines defined by shariah and not neglecting all her household duties.But if husband is taking care of all your resposibilty and he don't want you to work then you shouldn't work.

But the point is he is not your husband yet he is already showing dominance over you.He should have conveyed his feeling to you in a polite manner that he dont want you to work.
Manner he is speaking now, with such attitude I dont think things will change in future.
There is a high likelihood that he will continue with such phrase "I've decision making power after all I am your husband " is not a good attitude at all .yes surely he has a decision making power but this is not some competition going on where he is showing his power to you.This is a "relationship" and with such attitude relationship doesn't work out.
My advice is based on my understanding about your situation and I can be wrong.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2239...usband-refuses

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.