/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to apologise?

Dianah
02-11-2023, 12:46 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters.

If we feel that we did something wrong or hurt someone, whether intentional or not and realise it later, how should one apologize in the utmost respectful manner? Is apologising in writing respectful as well? Is there a limit to how much we can apologise to someone? I hope I could have suggestions on the best way so I could practice this. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-11-2023, 02:27 PM
Peace be with you Dianah;

In general, we don't like to admit we have made a mistake that could cause harm. So just admitting to yourself you have done wrong is a big step. Make dua for the person you may have upset. We sin first against Allah, so ask for Allah's forgiveness, and ask Allah to guide you; so that you can remove any barriers that might exist between you. It might be easier to apologise in writing, but I feel it is better face to face, just my thoughts.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dianah
Is there a limit to how much we can apologise to someone?
Even if we are responsible for the death of someone, we can still ask for forgiveness.

May Allah bless you on your journey,
Eric

Dianah
02-12-2023, 10:46 PM
Peace be with you as well Mr Eric,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I will do my best to practice this. May Allah reward you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.