/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is relationship with slaves(captive or prosoner from war ) allowed?

A.R.BRahimbaksh
02-23-2023, 06:16 PM
Assalam walikum warahmatullah e wa barakhatuhu,
I am confuse about if slavery(and having relationship) in Islam allowed.why it is allowed ?. scholar says allowed and the Hadith says another thing maybe i am confuse .
There is the ayah.

And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

If it is allowed it is out of humanity., isn't it?.
Conditions are:
1 : without marriage
2:slaves are already married.
3:maybe they like some one else in their culture or religion etc.but if it is allowed won't they be hurt?.
4:what is mistake?is it because they are non Muslim?
Suppose,
If any other religions or people make us slave and it happens to us .what will we feel ?not good .

In my opinion on it us out of humanity.i am sorry if I said something wrong and please can anyone make it clears to me .please don't say it is Allah command we have to follow or something else.give answer which can satisfy .
Again sorry please forgive.
Jazakum alllahi khairen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SintoDinto
02-23-2023, 07:06 PM
slavery was something deeply rooted in the ancient world's economic system including in the time of arabic jahahiliya, but islam set out to reform slavery, by making rights for slaves and making them a member of the family. and not only that but islam set out to slowly abolish slavery by making it a virtuous act to free a slave and even required to free a slave on various occasions such as for breaking ramadan fasting or violating an oath, etc. thus freeing entire generations. islam only allowed slavery when there were captives of war, and that was it. before then slavery was more rampant in the times of jahahiliya. in the modern day age, scholars agreed to ban slavery. and when all the men died in war, the women and children needed a place to stay so they would be taken as slaves but not like in the western context as chattel, but rather as members of the household to be treated with honor.

A.R.BRahimbaksh
02-23-2023, 09:55 PM
Thank you and jazaka Allah khairen for your response.

Eric H
02-24-2023, 01:11 PM
Peace be with you A.R.BRahimbaksh;

I am confuse about if slavery(and having relationship) in Islam allowed.why it is allowed ?
Just adding to the good response from SintoDinto. Whilst some things are allowed, they are not the greatest good option available. Divorce is allowed, but it is not the greatest good option. Should we marry with the thought we can get divorced?

When scripture seems challenging, it is because we are being challenged to check our understanding. Your conscience struggled with your interpretation, and you were right to search for answers.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A.R.BRahimbaksh
02-24-2023, 01:56 PM
Thank you and jazaka Allah khairen for your response.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.